Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Upgrade

Evangelos

Hello everyone.

I am a rav4 2002 model-before facelift owner.I am thinking of replacing my stock clutch with a kit that is going to be stronger and better. Unfortunately, (and please correct me if I am wrong), TRD doesn't have a full kit for my model. So I started searching the web for a solution. Is there anyone that has replaced his clutch with an aftermarket one? Could you please tell me what are the brands that I should look at?

Any suggestion is welcome and much appreciated.

Thank you.

-Evan

Welcome to the club.

There is a guy called HEMI who has fitted a lot of aftermarket clutches so just wait for him coming along. In the meantime, can you say if it is diesel or petrol.

Cheers

hi Evangelos,whatever aftermarket clutch you're after you wont get better than a Blueprint make for a stock japanese motor,if you have a tuned motor(which I doubt in Athens)then you'll need something beefier.Hope this helps

Hi HEMI!

Thank you for your answer. My engine is stock and I don't need the upgrade for fast shifting or racing etc. When I go off-road and i push it, it smells and you can feel it also that it is being pushed a lot. moreover i go with others in mud and snow and one time i had to drag an x-trail out of mud. at some point i thought that it would catch fire. so i need the upgrade just to be on the safe side. Am i right about trd?

PS: i don't think anyone here imports blueprint..but i will check it out.

I'm not sure about the petrol engined clutches but my wifes diesel's old clutch used to smoke and smell a bit if I tried to do an impossible thing with the car but that was with the original dual mass flywheel type clutch which yours doesnt have.I think even with a new clutch if you are trying to do too much with the little RAV it will smoke and smell,if its slipping and you dont have very good drive then its time to change it,if it isnt slipping dont push so hard and dont go pulling heavy cars out of the mud,let the big boys do it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links