Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Turbo Kit

autt86

Normal turbo chargers from the manufactures give between 100 and 130 bhp per litre unless you go with the Subaru / Mitsubishi crowd where 150+ is more the norm. But 485bhp per litre for an Aygo ... hmmm

:lol: :lol:

Can you imagine 485bhp through the standard clutch :o

Thanks for showing this advert autt86, shows how popular our Aygo is getting, even competing with Corvettes.

Regards

Andy

parts that are capable of producing well beyond 485 horsepower at 25+ PSI with supporting modifications and a built motor.

You'll NEVER get 485HP out of an Aygo, even with that kit...

i was gonna say - if you could get 485BHP out of a 1 litre engine, that weighs less than 70KGs - wouldn't the sport car makers be doing this? imagine the power to weight ratios!!

Bugatti Veyron: 446.3 bhp per ton.

Aygo with said Tubo power: 545 BHP per ton! MY GOD - it would be the fastest car on the planet (excluding thrust SSC!)

A smart roadster has a 700cc engine and it can produce 130bhp(slightly tuned), so i think the aygo would be capable of 150bhp (even though it wouldn't be as reliable and probably have some turbo lag), but it definetly won't produce around 400bhp lol.

It says the parts can cope with 485bhp but that it will give a stock motor 50-100bhp gain, would need heavy heavy mods to get to 485bhp lol

Looks like a nice bit of kit but would be cheaper and easier to supercharge i reckon

It says the parts can cope with 485bhp but that it will give a stock motor 50-100bhp gain, would need heavy heavy mods to get to 485bhp lol

Looks like a nice bit of kit but would be cheaper and easier to supercharge i reckon

Good point Sally, though the wording tends to imply and go for those impulse buyers. PaulT stated a while ago the IQ was having a Blitz turbo possibly developed for it, not sure what state that is now in, but personally I would go for a supercharger too, not as much lag even if it is not quite as efficient. Even the 120+ that the Rotrex one does for the Aygo will be probably at the top end for what the clutch can do whilst not becoming a consumable item. 150bhp would mean you would have to put some money aside for a new one I think, sooner or later.

Regards

Andy

PaulT stated a while ago the IQ was having a Blitz turbo possibly developed for it, not sure what state that is now in

I heard the other day that Blitz have changed their plans and shelved it :angry: :(

I guess now that the 1.3 iQ is out in Japland, that is the best engine to tune.

Paul.

PaulT stated a while ago the IQ was having a Blitz turbo possibly developed for it, not sure what state that is now in

I heard the other day that Blitz have changed their plans and shelved it :angry: :(

Paul.

Haha, damn 485 bhp from a aygo.

And Toyota taught that 180 bhp was "Crazy" :lol:

Paul.

That's it. I'm getting a MK5 Golf GTI in 6 months.

I'll still own one aygo, but that will remain stock as my father is driving it at this time.

That's it. I'm getting a MK5 Golf GTI in 6 months.

Frustrating isn't it? Toyota just don't seem to be interested in making anything remotely sporty any more.

Paul.

We will just have to find ways to make them sporty ourselves ;)

Although I do admit it would be nice to see something sporty from factory...

If the Toyota Subaru gets off the ground that should be very good. Since the MR2, Celica and Supra have gone they have sort of dulled down and gone even more for the masses whilst doing F1 .. very strange. Anyway they have had their fingers burnt and with the new CEO and also the Subaru-Toyota coupe possibly in the works maybe a sea-change is ahead. If they did a 1 litre Aygo that had 100bhp and rev'd to 8500 and had shorter gearing I would be pretty happy for my next car. As it is I will keep beavering away at mine.

Regards

Andy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links