Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Malfunction Light

kevinz3

Isn't the only difference between the top 2 sensors the cable length. I think the bottom ones are the same or am I wrong?

no

the difference is the plug at the end to go into the elecrtical end its a diff fitting on each from left hand side to right hand side, also saw another site selling them at approx 55 pounds cats2go anyone used them as they are half the cost

no

the difference is the plug at the end to go into the elecrtical end its a diff fitting on each from left hand side to right hand side, also saw another site selling them at approx 55 pounds cats2go anyone used them as they are half the cost

I too need Bank 1 Sensor 1 for my 52 reg NRG. Local mechanic who diagnosed the problem advised me not to use a universal sensor as it can cause further problems - something to do with resistors? He said only the proper part would do. Local motor factors are quoting £130 + vat - haven't even tried Toyota yet! Ouch ... that hurts. Any advice greatly appreciated ... thanks.

I too need Bank 1 Sensor 1 for my 52 reg NRG. Local mechanic who diagnosed the problem advised me not to use a universal sensor as it can cause further problems - something to do with resistors? He said only the proper part would do. Local motor factors are quoting £130 + vat - haven't even tried Toyota yet! Ouch ... that hurts. Any advice greatly appreciated ... thanks.

Hi Jayne

Can your local mechanic prove what he has said? Probably not!

The Denso original sensors are around £150 including VAT, the sensors from http://www.lambdasensor.com/ have been working fine in my wife's car since May. The top sensors should take no more than 30 minutes for a good mechanic to change (even bad ones should do it in that time!).

I can only speak from experience and I've had no problems with the ones we bought. Cheaper ones may cause problems, they may not! :)

Hi Duncerduncs

Thanks for your reply. Universal 3-wire sensors are available from my local motor factors for £25 upwards. This is the type of sensor my mechanic is warning against using - maybe he has seen these fitted and subsequent problems caused as a result - either way he's strongly against the idea but you can see why some people may be tempted at that kind of price!

It seems this particular sensor (Bank 1 Sensor 1) is in short supply. I've phoned lots of places now - it does seem to be available at a price. EuroCarParts (cheapest I can find) have a Denso for £111 but that's out of stock!

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/To...Lambda-Sensors

JustLambda are currently quoting £115 on their website but not sure if they have stock.

Next best option is Andrew Page at £130 + vat.

Ho hum the joys of motoring ... :D

Hurrah its sorted

... Just phoned EuroCarParts (http://www.eurocarparts.com)

Their website does say 'out of stock' for the Denso Lambda Sensor (right hand pre-cat). A very helpful chap called Sunny checked their branches and he has located one for me. Delivered to my door for £115 all in. That's the best price anywhere at the moment.

Happy Rav-4 motoring :D

£115 for the Denso is very good price :thumbsup:

A dealer will happily take £150 pounds from you...

Yes Cats2go have Lambda sensor at £51 but its neither a Denso or NGK - these are the 2 I have been told will only do for my 52 reg Rav-4 NRG which is why they are £100+ ... slight difference amd that's providing you can get hold of one if you are looking for right-hand pre-cat.

All the Lambda sensors (Denso and otherwise) are here ... http://www.eurocarparts.com ... good prices with with next day delivery.

ok guys , just asking again if anybody has used cat2go to buy a sensor as they are just over 50 quid , was going to get one but would like to know if they are ok

Never heard of them. As for the sensor quality, i've seen numerous customers take their cars away and have the cheap motor factor oxygen sensors fitted only to find that it doesnt cure the fault. They then come back to us and have genuine ones fitted so really they have shelled out more than they needed to so just go carefule what you buy ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links