Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Curious

jaxx

anyone got the tns200 (whatever) sat nav in their yaris

how does it work???

is it cd/dvd based???

is there a separte sat nav box located somewhere in the car???

:thumbsup:

yes i have it, not too sure dvd or cd based though, i can't remb.

Bascially the unit is hidden below the passenger seat. tbh i don't think it's really worth the money, though, i rather spend a little more for a separate unit, because apart from the advantage of being able to take it from the car when you sell, the tns200 is rather crap in my estimation. Sometimes the voice commands are delayed or there aren't any and the maps drawn are poor. I find big roundabouts like the ones off major motorway junctions especially confusing as the map displays a roundabout but there isn't really any visual indication of which exit you want nor is it too accurate.

whats the best sat nav without having to rob the bank, can sat nav act as trackers?

I've seen the TomTom navigator bluetooth kit with PDA work quite well! i think dixons is doing a special offer at the moment where you get the PDA (HP 1940), TomTom bluetooth navigator and in-car installation kit for £500. you will have to fork out another £50 or so for an extra memory card.

My mate had it installed into his s3 an i remember the guy saying 'don't mention this to too many people otherwise i'll go out of business'. Can't think he does too much business on in-car sat-nav systems though!!! not in the area i live in anyhow!

But.....I have heard mention that the reliability of the blutetooth is a bit dodgy and prone to failure! but like i said before when it was working it looked pretty impressive!!

There is an alternative in terms of PDA navigation and that is the Navman but is more expensive and IMHO looks a bit ugly since its like glove which goes around the PDA.

We have the sat-nav in the YTS and its ok! nothing special but it came with the car when we bought it! it has been an invaluable tool (especially to stop arguments) :D

Jaxx,

I've got a Clarion NVS613 system fitted in my Yaris.Bought it from a mate and fitted it myself using instructions from this website without too much bother.

It goes into the recess in the dash very neatly with a pop out large colour screen and voice guided navigation.Toyota will tell you its not poss.....but now I know different! :P

This sort of stuff is prob avail on e-bay.

Cheers,

Buzz.

i was just wondering to nbe honest cos ive never seen it!

ive got the alpine dvd setup myself

• 1 year later...
Jaxx,

I've got a Clarion NVS613 system fitted in my Yaris.Bought it from a mate and fitted it myself using instructions from this website without too much bother.

It goes into the recess in the dash very neatly with a pop out large colour screen and voice guided navigation.Toyota will tell you its not poss.....but now I know different! :P

This sort of stuff is prob avail on e-bay.

Cheers,

Buzz.

Have you still got the instrutions?

Dunno which would be cheaper - a Sat Nav kit installed or a PDA & Tom Tom.....

I rate Tom Tom though - Rich used to have it on his PDA and it was good stuff, although the American womans voice got irritating after a while!

"YES I KNOW WE JUST TOOK A WRONG TURN!" :lol::lol:

the tns200 is rather crap in my estimation. 

That's why it was replaced by the TNS300 which is DVD based...

It's also in the other Toyota range's, either turn by turn or colour screen, someone at my place of work has it in his Avensis, it's really good IMO

someone on here has the TNS300 with a jazzy animation of it working

I've had the older CD system in my old yaris and had no complaints. Althouh it could never take me to my house! Always wanted to take a long route first.

People say the woman on it sounds s3xy. Now got the tns300 DVD one in my tsport with traffic aviodence which its even better. You can actually check the route its taking you on and (i think) edit it. Something i wanted on the other one.

I find big roundabouts like the ones off major motorway junctions especially confusing as the map displays a roundabout but there isn't really any visual indication of which exit you want nor is it too accurate.

Ok, but it does say... "take third exit", so all you have to do is count them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links