Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Wire Question

johnro

hello guys

recently i bought a GPS tracking device for my car

now i have to connect it and i don't know where. i have 2 wires i have to connect : ACC- and ACC+

if you know please tell me where are these wires.

i have an Avensis 2006 2.2 D4D

thanks for helping

hello guys

recently i bought a GPS tracking device for my car

now i have to connect it and i don't know where. i have 2 wires i have to connect : ACC- and ACC+

if you know please tell me where are these wires.

i have an Avensis 2006 2.2 D4D

thanks for helping

Hi Johnro,

basically the ACC + is a live connection at the ignition switch and ACC - is negative/earth/ground, ie the cars metal work or whatever terminology you use. I have attached a diagram for you and you will see the ACC connection on the ignition/key switch. Now i may be wrong here but i thought a tracker device would need a permanent live or + feed so that the car can be tracked when it is parked somewhere not just when the key switch is in it's first position, that's when the ACC is live or when the ignition is actually on. You could take a permanent live from the Battery via a fuse but a thief would soon sus this one out!! You need to find a permanent live feed and earth that can't be seen along with a hidden place for the tracker to fit. I have not fitted one of these myself but i have worked with electronics/electrics for years and that's the way i would go about it if it was mine but hopefully someone on the forum will shed some more light on the subject.post-74463-1252599249_thumb.jpg ;)

Best of luck anyway mate .... Regards Pete.

yes you are right. the tracker has 2 wires that i will connect to the Battery of the car but this one has 2 more which i have to connect them to ACC- and ACC+

(i guess that i will notified when someone is starting the engine)

does anyone know which color is ACC+and ACC- on the ignition?

thanks again

yes you are right. the tracker has 2 wires that i will connect to the battery of the car but this one has 2 more which i have to connect them to ACC- and ACC+

(i guess that i will notified when someone is starting the engine)

does anyone know which color is ACC+and ACC- on the ignition?

thanks again

The diagram i supplied actually shows the radio circuit connected to ACC+ on the ignition which is a green wire. You need to be clear about this and be able to read a wiring diagram or get someone to help you who does. The ACC becomes live on the 2nd position (the 1st being off) on the key switch before the dash lights come on so you can have the radio on or the cigarette lighter etc etc. without the engine running, you don't want the ignition on to trace this live connection. As I said before the acc - is just a common earth point.

The ignition switch has 4 positions:-

1 = off

2 = acc +

3 = ignition on

4 = start

Regards Pete.

so all i need to do is find the plain green wire and i'm done :)

thanks for helping

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links