Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ciggeret Lighter / Charger Fails To Work.

Johan007

Hi it stopped working when I yanked the sat nav out the other day. Now it fails to work. Is there a simple fix or do I take it back under warranty?

Check the fuse first. If it is OK, then you might have unplugged/torn a wire that was connected to the lighter.

The fuse on the charger is fine cos I used another charger to test it on. The heating ellement on the lighter fails to heat up.

The fuse on the charger is fine cos I used another charger to test it on. The heating ellement on the lighter fails to heat up.

There should be a fuse in the fuse box under the dash. It may be labeled LTR, CIG, PWR or something similar. Probably the 15 amp variety. Easy enough to change.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had this problem when I pulled my satnav charger out of the socket. Took it back to the dealer and they fixed it under warranty- very simple. Turns out I had blown the fuse and broken a wire inside the lighter socket.

Cheers,

James

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links