Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying an MR"

studio19

• 1 month later...

Check out IMOC-UK (www.imoc.co.uk) & MR2 Drivers Club (www.mr2dc.com). There are in-depth buying guides listed listed in the Technical link on the imoc site.

I collected my 2 last thurs and am very happy with it :D !! I was initially looking at an imported turbo, but in the end settled for an N/A UK car. Expect to spend over £5k for a decent import. There is a lot of "rubish" out there. So be as picky as you want.

Most Jap MR2's have been kept by the original owners just for weekend fun on the tracks so many of them have been looked after well especially considering how much it costs to keep them road legal there. Contact Julian from http://www.mr2-direct-imports.co.uk/ . Also check out http://users.breathemail.net/mensah/my95turbo.html ;)

Sys-G made some good points although disagree with the £5k, there is an awful ot of dodgy 2's out there but you can also find some good bargains, picked mine '91 NA Import, HKS Induction, AutoPista Skirts and Spoiler, 16" alloys for £3,750 with 50k miles on the clock.

IMOC has some good guides, main things to watch are seals if T-Bar, Rear Cross Mount Struts, inside engine bay (closest to passenger compartment), general wear and tear...

Best bet is still to get RAC to do an inspection as they tend to be pretty good all round....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links