Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting A New Pioneer Avic F910bt Into A Celica Gen 7 A Little Help Re

Pepperami

Hiya all!!

Well after biting the bullet for long enough, I decided to get myself the Pioneer AVIC F910BT

Love the look of it, mate has one, and its got some good reviews.... but to all those Celica Owner out there that have had there Head Units and Gauge Clusters out, please help if you can with a couple of questions please :)

The unit has a SPEED SIGNAL WIRE that apparently goes onto the back of the speedo, but does anyone have a clue as to the colour of the wire, or its location on the gauge please?

How easy is it to remove the gauges from the dash? I'm happy to attempt it, just really I suppose need to know an estimated time for removing them, fitting the Signal wire, running it to behind the head unit access and refitting it >:) lol 10 mins eh!

Has anyone got one of these units in there Celica?

If so did it take long to do?

Might have to shuffle the weekend about!!

Cheers all

Chris

Never got my old dial cluster out, so can't comment on that, but you can get at your stereo in under 10 mins to get the old one out.

Nice looking head unit! The only thing to be aware of is that the Celica double-din hole is actually slightly wider than double din. Have a look for previous posts from TheJackel on here, and you will come across a doubledin stereo fitting guide. In there are the Toyota part numbers needed for the 'filling brackets' if you have a facelift Celica. Pre-facelift, the standard Sony stereo is exactly double-din, and the car already comes with the right surround.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links