Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pre Facelif Stereo Wires ?

CALSHOT

Bought a new Pioneer stereo to replace the one that came with the car (power button stopped working!). It's a Pre Face lift Celica, i've removed the console and taken out the old stereo, then screwed the new one into the frame.... prob is on the new stereo the wiring end is a plug twice the size of the one in the dash, and obviously won't fit together. I'm fine to rewire these to a matching plug set but the colour of wires is different between whats available in the dash vs wires for stereo.

Is there a generic official list of what the the colours relate to? Green Speakers, yellow power etc etc?

thanks

Isn't it simply a case of using an ISO Connector (PC2-17-4)?

Isn't it simply a case of using an ISO Connector (PC2-17-4)?

one of those is supplied with the new stereo, smaller plug fitting into the back of the unit. The larger plug doesn't fit into whats available in the dash... so i can swap the dash wires to a plug that will fit.... it's just that the colour of wires on the ISO with the stero do not match any in the dash... so i don't know which should be mapping to each other.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links