Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stcking Door Lock

larry yarry

Hi new on here and wondered if anyone had an idea of how to sort this one out.

the central locking unlocks all the doors but the one back one the drivers side which I have to pull up manually if I need to get it open. Feels like its just sticking but Im unsure how to sort this out can anyone help me with a simple solution.

Many thanks

Child locks activated?

No child locks are not on you can physically pull the lock up from the inside but its not unlocking using the central locking.

the central locking unlocks all the doors but the one back one the drivers side which I have to pull up manually if I need to get it open. Feels like its just sticking but Im unsure how to sort this out can anyone help me with a simple solution.

Many thanks

I would suggest the removal of the affected rear door handle, and panel trim, taking care not to break the various attachment clips, peel back the waterproof membrane, if fitted (depending on model) and inspect the Linkage, and or cables from the CL door actuator unit, to the Lock assembly

one or more of the linkages could have become detached, if so simply re attach, test, and replace the panel and door handle

Also now you have the panel off you can operate the CL to see were the fault is, (is the wiring/Plug attached to the actuator) hopefully its not the actuator, that's the costly bit. Sometimes disconnecting the unit and giving it a Tap, and a squirt of WD40 could work if your feeling lucky

May the Force be with you. Good Luck.

Many thanks

I would suggest the removal of the affected rear door handle, and panel trim, taking care not to break the various attachment clips, peel back the waterproof membrane, if fitted (depending on model) and inspect the Linkage, and or cables from the CL door actuator unit, to the Lock assembly

one or more of the linkages could have become detached, if so simply re attach, test, and replace the panel and door handle

Also now you have the panel off you can operate the CL to see were the fault is, (is the wiring/Plug attached to the actuator) hopefully its not the actuator, that's the costly bit. Sometimes disconnecting the unit and giving it a Tap, and a squirt of WD40 could work if your feeling lucky

May the Force be with you. Good Luck.

Many thanks will ry that and let you know what it is.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links