Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app remote features.

cbren

Hi all...

Just got my Yaris GR sport the other week, and wondering, should I be able to lock and unlock the car from the MyT app? or does it just show it's lock status - which is all it does at the moment.

CB, my Yaris Cross shows the lock status and allows me to lock it but not unlock it. 

There are safeguards, it won't lock in Ready mode.  It won't lock if doors are not shut properly. It won't lock if the key is in the car. 

I haven't checked to see if it will lock with windows open. 

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

CB, my Yaris Cross shows the lock status and allows me to lock it but not unlock it. 

There are safeguards, it won't lock in Ready mode.  It won't lock if doors are not shut properly. It won't lock if the key is in the car. 

I haven't checked to see if it will lock with windows open. 

Thanks Roy, I'll check to see if it will let me lock later on.

Pretty sad that you can't unlock the car through the app. I agree it's overall safe considering someone can steal your login or something but simply unlocking the car(without any other functions without the key) was a feature that I expected.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RobertR said:

Pretty sad that you can't unlock the car through the app. I agree it's overall safe considering someone can steal your login or something but simply unlocking the car(without any other functions without the key) was a feature that I expected.

There would also be the possibility of opening the car whilst unattended which could allow someone to steal any contents. 

That's the excuse. I can say this about any bank app we have on our smartphones, they let you transfer money through the app, that's also unattended? Toyota can easily add into the app settings option to block this function if you don't need or want to be shown on the main screen or do some fingerprint or PIN verification.

• Like 2

Hi cbren.

I'm getting a Yaris

Gr Sport in March whats it like to drive etc.

1 hour ago, Biddy6309 said:

Hi cbren.

I'm getting a Yaris

Gr Sport in March whats it like to drive etc.

It's great, I'm impressed with it really. the ride isn't too hard and it handles really well. It has a much more solid feel about it than the design I drove when I ordered.

• Like 1

Hi cbren.

Is the suspension better than on the Dynamic.             

6 hours ago, Roy124 said:

There would also be the possibility of opening the car whilst unattended which could allow someone to steal any contents. 

Robert, I was not clear on what I said. 

If you unlocked the car for what ever reason when you were not there the possibility is someone could open the car door whilst it waz unattended........ 

Nothing to do with pins, face or fingers. 

• Like 2

Just checked what I can do with the Cross.  I can lock but not unlock which makes sense.  I can also set the climate control as long as it is locked.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biddy6309 said:

Hi cbren.

Is the suspension better than on the Dynamic.             

It feels better to me, I suppose it's down to personal preference. But I prefer the GR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

Just checked what I can do with the Cross.  I can lock but not unlock which makes sense.  I can also set the climate control as long as it is locked.

Seems there's not much I can do with mine, it only shows the lock status, I can't unlock and there's no climate option shown.

Is there any way to find out what remote features are available on each Toyota model.  I can’t seem to find information anywhere on the Toyota website.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thud said:

Is there any way to find out what remote features are available on each Toyota model.  I can’t seem to find information anywhere on the Toyota website.

My mate has a brand new CHR and he can only check the door lock status.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, anchorman said:

My mate has a brand new CHR and he can only check the door lock status.  

I'm guessing it's only the Yaris Cross that gets the remote lock and climate activation then 🤔

I have a 2022 Toyota Yaris Hybrid Excel model and in the My T app I have the option to remote lock the car and activate the climate control.

• Like 2

From these helpful replies I guess it’s just anecdotal and there is no list of which model can do what with MyT remote access, which seems something that Toyota should address!

• Like 1

If you'd like to check whether "smart services" are available for your vehicle - lock & remote climate etc on a new or used vehicle, you should contact Toyota directly and state when the car was registered. They will be able to tell you if the function is available on the app for you. It can be quite unclear. The team are very helpful: https://www.toyota.co.uk/help-centre

MyT app tells you what Conected Services are available.  It tells me that Battery condition is one of these.

It does not tell you what is available on a specific model.  It also tells me on my model it is conditioning and doors but does not mention Battery condition.  In addition it gives me location, fuel state, and flash my lights. 

Toyota confirmed Battery status was not available but did not tell me on what model it might be.  I guess it might be BZ4X. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Updated info: just got the car, cross, and register the MyT app account. You can lock the car, but unlock too. Climate control on/off remotely, but no temp changes via app. Windows cannot be remotely operated, but the app will let you know which window is open (that's handy).

• Like 2

I used my remote climate control yesterday morning.  Opened garage door, selected 10 minutes  and the system worked exactly as advertised. 

You switch the heater off when manoeuvring the car on the drive.  Remote control leaves it off.  😭

• Like 3

I have remote climate control and locking on my Yaris Launch but next week I'm getting a GR sport so will be interesting to see if it has it still on the app. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GR Weasel said:

I have remote climate control and locking on my Yaris Launch but next week I'm getting a GR sport so will be interesting to see if it has it still on the app. 

When I switched to my Yaris Cross the App presentation did not have Send to Car.  It was still an option for the Corolla.  You may well find differences. 

• Like 2

Confirmed by Toyota today - remote lock / unlock & climate activation from the app is not supported on the Yaris GR Sport unfortunately 😣

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links