Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app remote features.

cbren

On 1/16/2023 at 10:21 AM, GR Weasel said:

I have remote climate control and locking on my Yaris Launch but next week I'm getting a GR sport so will be interesting to see if it has it still on the app. 

I have a 2020 Launch edition but remote climate control and locking are not supported on mine. Was this feature added to 2021 models ?

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 10:23 PM, G L J said:

I have a 2020 Launch edition but remote climate control and locking are not supported on mine. Was this feature added to 2021 models ?

These features were added to the Yaris registered June or July 2021 and newer I believe. My previous Yaris was an Excel registered in May 2021 and these features were not available on the MyT app. Hope this helps.

There are lots of advertising functions that can't work with your car or in your country...It's better to ask your dealer, a good one.

For example, I don't have a route planning function. (but that's ok because of use maps from google)

One note for the MyT app...The fuel remaining is in percentage...What is the point of showing us that? The range left would be much nicer. Currently, my app shows 17% 😄 what should I do with that information, almost nothing.

• Like 2

So my New GR Sport is showing up on the app , dont think its fully activated yet as it is not showing fuel , mileage and where it is. But there is only a button for remote locking and not the climate control. So looks like the GR sport doesent get this feature 😞 Which is a shame as i used it today on my launch edition as it was -5 last night, Wake up look out my window and see the car is frosted so just put it on for 10mins will i get ready for work and its all gone when I leave the house.

I see it says this on the toyota website

"At the time of writing this feature is available on RAV4 plug-in hybrid, all-electric Toyota bZ4X, Toyota Mirai and certain models of the new Yaris, Yaris Cross and Aygo X."

It says certain models so i guess its only ones like the Launch and Premiere.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RobertR said:

one note for the MyT app...The fuel remaining is in percentage...What is the point of showing us that? The range left would be much nicer. Currently, my app shows 17% 😄 what should I do with that information, almost nothing.

That would be 68 miles in my case.

I take you point though.  Once upon a time 240 miles to empty was average and that would be a good days driving.  Today you would expect that in just over half a tank and half the time too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GR Weasel said:

So my New GR Sport is showing up on the app , dont think its fully activated yet as it is not showing fuel , mileage and where it is. But there is only a button for remote locking and not the climate control. So looks like the GR sport doesent get this feature 😞 Which is a shame as i used it today on my launch edition as it was -5 last night, Wake up look out my window and see the car is frosted so just put it on for 10mins will i get ready for work and its all gone when I leave the house.

I see it says this on the toyota website

"At the time of writing this feature is available on RAV4 plug-in hybrid, all-electric Toyota bZ4X, Toyota Mirai and certain models of the new Yaris, Yaris Cross and Aygo X."

It says certain models so i guess its only ones like the Launch and Premiere.

Toyota confirmed to me this week that remote lock/unlock and remote climate activation is not available on the GR Sport, I was really hoping it would be. My app shows the lock status but it can't be changed. So the only features available are hybrid coaching / trip info, car location & send to car for the navigation

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 year later...

I have a Yaris Premiere Edition. When I first used the MyT app I could lock and unlock the doors and boot. The app decided to forget my car so I had to relink with the Yaris, since then the unlock feature will not work when I lock the car using the keyfob or door handle, I get an error message about the alarm being set (see attachment). If I lock the car using my phone then I can also unlock using my phone, this also applies to unlocking the boot (although the boot unlock function worked fine until a few days ago).

The climate, hazard lights and find my car also work fine.

According to the Toyota UK magazine the Premiere edition should use a digjital key (see attachment) - I don't know when this update will be released.

Has anyone got the same problem?

image.png

Screenshot 2024-04-28 102845.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links