Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis 1.8 2006 T3x High Revving

POK

Hi All

This is my first post on this site, so hello all fellow Avensis owners.

I bought my 2006 Toyota Avensis 1.8 T3X in June. The car had done only 900 miles from new as the previous owner had deceased within 18 months of having the car and his other half would not sell it due to setimental reasons. The car was like brand new when i bought it, but it had sat on the ladys driveway for a while without being used.

The car is great, but i have one concern which seems to be an engine management problem. When the car starts from cold it idles very high initially (1800rpm) before settling down gradually to around 1100 (rpm) after a few minutes. When the vehicle is fully warmed up, it idles at around 650rpm. It does seem to take a long time to settle down. Moreover, the issue seems to affect gear changes too. Between changes the revs go up, no matter what gear i'm changing from and to. This occurs no matter what the coolant temperature is, but is more noticeable on initial warm up.

Can somebody please advise? Is this a normal characteristic of the car or should i get it into my local Toyota dealership for further investigation?

Cheers

Hi All

This is my first post on this site, so hello all fellow Avensis owners.

I bought my 2006 Toyota Avensis 1.8 T3X in June. The car had done only 900 miles from new as the previous owner had deceased within 18 months of having the car and his other half would not sell it due to setimental reasons. The car was like brand new when i bought it, but it had sat on the ladys driveway for a while without being used.

The car is great, but i have one concern which seems to be an engine management problem. When the car starts from cold it idles very high initially (1800rpm) before settling down gradually to around 1100 (rpm) after a few minutes. When the vehicle is fully warmed up, it idles at around 650rpm. It does seem to take a long time to settle down. Moreover, the issue seems to affect gear changes too. Between changes the revs go up, no matter what gear i'm changing from and to. This occurs no matter what the coolant temperature is, but is more noticeable on initial warm up.

Can somebody please advise? Is this a normal characteristic of the car or should i get it into my local Toyota dealership for further investigation?

Cheers

hi mate

nothing to be worry about

- cold starting ----- 1800-1900 rpm;

- heating up ---- 1500-1100 rpm;

- heated -------- 730-750 rpm.

CHeers/Igor

Thanks for the quick response.

Got a bargain - 900 miles, absolutely mint condition - £6800 private sale in June.

A week later my four year old son was sick in it on the way to Blackpool!!!!! Managed to get rid of it all and the horrible smell. I think it was the Avensis flying carpet ride that he wasn;t used to!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links