Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'96 Corolla Ae101 7a-fe 5-speed

mcardo99

I have a '96 corolla ae102 chasis with a 7A-FE engine and a manual 5-speed tranny, all stock from factory. It now has 200,000 miles on it.

I wanted to get advice from the guru's regarding upgrades and mods to the engine.

I was looking to get new engine internal parts such as conrods and pistons... what else would I need to replace if I'm adding a turbo?

I was also looking to the the engine rebuilt. What exactly is involved in the consumer market with "re-building" and engine?

I wanted to replace the rear break drums with break disks. Could I fit a pair of front disks from a wrecked corolla?

I've been looking for the front bumper from a Coroll E10 FX the one with the big opening and the two round fog-lights.

Pics of paintjob, my first paint job, =( orange peel texture too much air? too much pressure? don't know, gotta try again:

toy1.jpg

toy2.jpg

toy3.jpg

toy4.jpg

toy5.jpg

I'll appreciate any links or contacts you may be able to provide. thank you!

with that milage, better off rebuilding the engine.saying that, there's a 7a-gzet on driftworks so I heard...yes, 1.8 with the 20V head, and twincharged...I think 1K sterling.....?so much cheaper than anything you could build it for!!!!

if yours is an ae102, it should be the GXI.these has back discs as standard.the gxi's and the 20V's had discs all around, you'd get the back axle for handy money these days :D

the bumper on the FX is the same as the pre-facelift bumpers....only difference is the FX has a rare enough splitter, spots and the bumper was painted compared to the facelift xli bumper.

p.s. pics not working.at all lol.

hope this helps bud :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links