Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.0 D4d Clutch Slipping At 65k?!

BarnyB

54 plate Avensis 2.0D4D, owned since 22k, at 33K Toyota reckoned the clutch was heavy but wouldn't replace it, now at 65K, the car is 'slipping', the revs just shoot up. Took it to local garage thinking it might be a turbo issue but the guy drove it and said definitely the clutch. Gutted. 65K?! I would have expected easy 100k from a Toyta! Boo hiss. Waiting to hear back on a price.

54 plate Avensis 2.0D4D, owned since 22k, at 33K Toyota reckoned the clutch was heavy but wouldn't replace it, now at 65K, the car is 'slipping', the revs just shoot up. Took it to local garage thinking it might be a turbo issue but the guy drove it and said definitely the clutch. Gutted. 65K?! I would have expected easy 100k from a Toyta! Boo hiss. Waiting to hear back on a price.

Whilst you didn't get it brand new who knows what abuse the clutch had before you got it! I cringe when i listen to how some folk use the clutch so you can't always blame Toyota even though in your case it maybe true. Regards ... Pete.

Whilst you didn't get it brand new who knows what abuse the clutch had before you got it! I cringe when i listen to how some folk use the clutch so you can't always blame Toyota even though in your case it maybe true. Regards ... Pete.

Like pete says it could have been ragged in its first 22k. BUt dont forget a clutch is like tyres and brakes, its a component that is going to wear out. Treat it as such, and dont be shocked if after what 43k if it needs replacing. Im guessing youve had the brakes and tyres changed whiles youve owed it? Why not the clutch.

Now If after 10-22k of normal driving it had gone then I would say there is an issue that needs to be looked at closer.

Hi,

urban miles is also a factor. If there is very little motorway miles, then it could wear out quicker in terms of constant gear changes. As previously said, it depends on how it is or has been driven.

Also, you get faulty components from time to time, after all they are mass produced and can wear out prematurely.

Cheers,

Marv

I bought mine at 60 k (previously being a company car). The clutch was heavy from the start but it was my fault not to take this up with the seller. Anyway, I had to change the clutch and the master cylinder and still it did not recuperate the problem and then Kingo and Mark at Lindop Brothers took the car in and as it turned out the notorious

flywheel (someone mentioned it already) had to go.

I have read that diesels in general suffer from this problem to a greater extent most probably due to the torque those cars have compared to petrol engines. It however does not change the bad experience everyone with that problem has.

Good luck with your repair!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links