Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Auris..............

fuel miser

Dear god what an ugly car. I wouldn't buy that Auris you can be sure. Only thing good is the new steering wheel and the armrest the rest is just plain trash.

I hope the hybrid comes out as shown in the pics we've seen if it comes out like this for sure I won't even consider another Auris that is if I think of changing car at all.

They needed to apply the Auris Hybrid Styling ( which would help on fuel economy for the normal engines) which is a bit fresher and interesting, they have gone the opposite way as every other maker, instead of making it more interesting they have softened the lines and made it look dull and boring and flabby...

Honestly...

They needed to apply the Auris Hybrid Styling ( which would help on fuel economy for the normal engines) which is a bit fresher and interesting, they have gone the opposite way as every other maker, instead of making it more interesting they have softened the lines and made it look dull and boring and flabby...

Honestly...

I think Toyota e back to the good old days in therms of design, visually boring and out of fashion cars.....

Someone should get their ***** fired if u ask me. And it's not the designer because he is not the ones that dictates the rules but rather a silly old !Removed! manager that sits is ***** on chair all day.

This design makes it the most ugly toyota on the market and probably the ungliest since those Corollas from some years ago.

On the plus side...The handbrake lever is more conventional this time around....

As for the styling... Who on earth decided that was the way to go?

Lets hope that they have the build qulity issues sorted with this facelift!

Looks a lot like my Corolla, lets hope its the same quality. Then I might buy one.

My Corolla ugly, never, the wife, probably!

Build quality has to be the key.The present Auris is cheap and nasty.It is difficult in these days of everything in a car having to be recyclable but VW seem to be able to manage it and still produce a quality cabin.

I think most of us have had issues with cabin rattles which are so annoying.

Problem is for me it is not so much the exterior look of the car that is important rather the core value of what used to be Toyota i.e. bulletproof reliability and quality.

Having just done a service on ours being lucky enough to have the use of one of the lifts in work it is apparent that the U.K. built Toyotas are no longer built with those japanese quality components.

European suppliers and manufacturers of components are now being used and the truth as bitter as it may be no matter what Toyota may say about quality control is they are not as good as the Japanese components we were so used to.

Still miles ahead of Vauxhall,Ford etc (not even going to mention the French junk)but I hope someone is reading this forum and can see how we feel about our once legendary brand.

Hope this post makes some sense to us Toyota lovers.

Build quality has to be the key.The present Auris is cheap and nasty.

Having just done a service on ours being lucky enough to have the use of one of the lifts in work it is apparent that the U.K. built Toyotas are no longer built with those japanese quality components.

European suppliers and manufacturers of components are now being used and the truth as bitter as it may be no matter what Toyota may say about quality control is they are not as good as the Japanese components we were so used to.

That is so true. I've been reading another thread where DuncToGo introduces his JDM Auris. He states he never had any of those problems (plastic rattles, brake squeals etc etc.) with which guys driving UK cars have been struggling so much.

Best regards, Alex

Build quality has to be the key.The present Auris is cheap and nasty.It is difficult in these days of everything in a car having to be recyclable but VW seem to be able to manage it and still produce a quality cabin.

This is sooo true. I have had several looks at the Auris interior which is, sad to say. way inferior in quality to my Corolla E12. It certainly looks cheap. The interior of the facelift Auris looks quite angular and pretty horrid. Again, the E12 seats are softer looking and more rounded. I will reserve judgement on the so called interior plastics improvements until I see it in the flesh. Generally though,Toyota plastics have definitely taken a serious nosedive quality-wise across pretty much the whole range.

So plan to hang on to my E12 ;)

So plan to hang on to my E12 ;)

I'm sure that's a good idea! If you're happy with it, don't change it and hope to get something better, as probably you won't :)

Best regards, Alex

Bottom grill is the only good thing about it. Above it the nose looks bland because gone are the propeller / flying-wings top grill.

Don't expect the quality issues to be solved just like that. It is still just a re-styled Auris not a completely new version. Ok rattles may go but you will still have the cheap plastic look. For me I can handle the noises I have what I couldn't handle is an ugly car so I'm happy with mine to change as someone else already said inside the Toyota range only Avensis.

Don't expect the quality issues to be solved just like that.
You still get what you pay for when you compare like for like. True my 2001 Yaris has better build quality including better sounding sterio but I got the Auris becuase it is still extreemly good value and more reliable than my brothers newish VW Golf amoungst other people I know with German cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links