Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leather Interior

marco h

hi everyone, Ive just bought a 3 year old t180 and Im over the moon with it, all but a slight rip in the drivers seat cover ( leather), does anyone know how I can repair a slight rip in the leather, ?its not on the seam, more like a cut, about three inches long, cheers .

hi everyone, Ive just bought a 3 year old t180 and Im over the moon with it, all but a slight rip in the drivers seat cover ( leather), does anyone know how I can repair a slight rip in the leather, ?its not on the seam, more like a cut, about three inches long, cheers .

hello mate

i have no other idea but only use an internal pad sticked to both sides on the inside.

this pad must be as soft as the main leather to prevent a rough leather spots.

Cheers/Igor

Hi Marco - welcome to the club. You might want to get a quote/opinion from these people: LINK.

Have never used them myself but their website shows some examples of their work and they are in Manchester I think.

Enjoy your RAV :thumbsup:

hi Marco + welcome, sooner than attempt this yourself, I would look up a car trimmer + have it looked at professionaly. I don't know which part of Manchester you are in but I know a very reasonable car trimmer in Cheadle Hulme (about 3 mls from the airport) Where is the cut/torn part is it on the seat or backrest? and is the damaged area where the leather is smooth, or the perforated part,? you are obviously proud of your new car +rightly so, and i think it would be wise to have it done properly. I believe you can order each leather part idividually from Toyota, ask parts king (kingo) but i fear this will be quite expensive.. :thumbsup: Stew

I believe you can order each leather part idividually from Toyota, ask parts king (kingo) but i fear this will be quite expensive..

Dont ask, it could be a tad embarressing :blush: Best get it repaired me thinks ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

thanks for the advice everyone, although Im a carpet fitter, I ll leave this repair to the experts, Ill contact the said companys youve listed, the rip is on the seat pad side near the control knobs, and Im in Stretford, not too far away, thanks again for the response, a lot more helpfull than RRG toyota. :thumbsup:

I wouldnt mind the companys contact details in Cheadle hulme off Stew, if youve got them handy please mate.
This is the guys address + phone number give him a ring + tell him your problem see what he says + if you decide he can help I will give you directions, he is very reasonable + good, tell him your mates a cab driver that he has done some work for, (he repairs + refoams our cab seats, he also does some very high class motors as well :thumbsup: Stew

Peter Lenton car trimmers

Unit 4

Anfield Road

Cheadle Hulme

Cheadle

Cheshire

SK8 5EX

Tel: 0161-485-2464

Ive just had an invisable repair done from Trimline Systems of Timperley , cheshire, £45 ,done at my home,great job at a v/good price, their number is 07885 272627 ,( arranged through my dealer), but thanks to all for the advice.

Ive just had an invisable repair done from Trimline Systems of Timperley , cheshire, £45 ,done at my home,great job at a v/good price, their number is 07885 272627 ,( arranged through my dealer), but thanks to all for the advice.

Well done Marco, glad your pleased, I live in Timperley but have never heard of them, I will keep the number should I ever need it :thumbsup: Stew

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links