Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vehicle Losing Revs

mickris

I've just fitted new SCV valves and everything seemed hunky dory now its developed a new fault. When I let the clutch out to to set off it seems to lose its revs and stalls. :disgust:

Any advice would be much appreciated,as this is my first Toyota I'm begining to be a little disheartened with it.

Thanks in advance

........if the SCvs are fitted the right way (by colour code) then you will have to look at things like fuel pressure. Pump the plunger on the fuel filter just to make sure it isn't running back to the tank and then pm me with your email address and I will send you some pdf's when I get time.

I've just fitted new SCV valves and everything seemed hunky dory now its developed a new fault. When I let the clutch out to to set off it seems to lose its revs and stalls. :disgust:

Any advice would be much appreciated,as this is my first Toyota I'm begining to be a little disheartened with it.

Thanks in advance

hello mate

the problem is that you did not state anything about performance before SCVs changing.

It looks abnormal . Besides -- how is the engine started in general both iin cold and heated up condition? What is going on when cranked?

What was the reason ob SCVs changing?

WHether some HP pump adjustments were performed prior to valves changing?

Cheers/Igor

Well the good news is I seem to have cured the mystery fault ( lets hope for good ) I have driven about 160 miles today and yesterday and its going like a train seems to be a different vehicle.

I'll explain what I did, I took every electrical connection on the engine off one by one and sprayed them with WD 40, there was a big multi connecter with a white handle on the left side of the engine compartment which looked very gunged up.

Then I removed the vacumn pipes which link to the turbo from the various sensors and gave them a good suck and blow through, the one from the turbo sensor seemed solid as though blocked, so I kept blowing and sucking and suddenly something gave and when I sucked and blew down it I heard a clicking noise like a valve opening and closing.

Hopefully I have cured the problem, time will tell.

Many thanks to all who have given me advise. :cheers:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links