Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Long Should You Wait Before Buying A Power Chip On A New Car?

duncerduncs

There is someone I know who recently sold their T180 for a new XT-R. Despite 1300 miles of enjoyable driving, they are missing the torque and horsepower of their old car. So they were wondering how many miles they should do before they could consider a power chip?

I said I didn't know, but said that I would come on here with their question, because someone far cleverer would know! :)

All help would be appreciated.

Well if that "someone" was to fit one of Kingo's, and the engine stopped for some unknown reason, they could have it off before the RAC got there!!! Is "your mate" feeling a difference between his T180 and the new 150?

There is someone I know who recently sold their T180 for a new XT-R. Despite 1300 miles of enjoyable driving, they are missing the torque and horsepower of their old car. So they were wondering how many miles they should do before they could consider a power chip?

I said I didn't know, but said that I would come on here with their question, because someone far cleverer would know! :)

poor mis-guided soul. Tell said person that diesels are for generators and cement mixers, or towing same. If you want more torque, buy a road roller. They won't regret it. Outstanding performance on rough roads and guaranteed to leave its mark!!!

poor mis-guided soul. Tell said person that diesels are for generators and cement mixers, or towing same. If you want more torque, buy a road roller. They won't regret it. Outstanding performance on rough roads and guaranteed to leave its mark!!!

Oh.....BB.......METHINKS YOU HAVE AWAKENED A SLEEPING GIANT. Best go and free up some memory on your 'puter....you're gonna need it for all thame replies forthcoming.

Big Kev :lol:

A topic on which i am knowledgable at last.. :unsure: I think your mate should go to the dealer he bought it from + ask them this very question, because unless i am much mistaken he will not be the first to do so, I asked the service manager the day i bought my car + in hushed tones he said that both he + the salesman had them fitted on their company cars, + also that it would not compromise the warranty in any way.. :rolleyes: He also offered to fit it for me.. They are very simple to fit + remove, you can also fit a switch which enables you to turn it off, Why you would turn it off is a mystery to me but some people want this feature :unsure: As I am only 35mls from (Kingo) I had mine fitted there for about £25 when it was only 2mth old. So I have a "chip"supplied + fitted by a Toyota Dealer which must surely help in the extremely unlikely event of a warranty claim, Also if you use Toyota insurance they say if its a toyota part ;) Supplied + fitted by them there is no extra charge.. At least thats what they told me, alternately if you go on go-compare they have a little tick box for modified cars then another box for ecu mods tick this + most companies will raise the premium by about £50 although TBH some companies will NOT cover modified cars. Lastly I have my car serviced etc at Lindop I do not disconnect the "chip" when i have anything done to the car, Why would I? they fitted it they know its there + its no problem. I suggest your mate contacts Kingo + ask him the questions that are worrying him Kingo will tell him they have fitted them to new cars on delivery although those people won't know what the car was like "pre chip".. for general info on tuning chips Google TUNIT who have a FAQ section that should answer most of your mates questions.. :thumbsup: Stew

http://www.tunit.com/about/tunit-faqs.php#12

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links