Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bulbs : Hir2 = 9012 ?

bilmuche

this topic has stumped a few technicians ive met...some say that its supposed to have a h4 bulb..and on a website it says the hir2 bulb is a replacement upgrade for the h4....so i have no idea whats going on im sure you can get a conversion kit

HIR2 can't be compared with anything. Only thing i know is that you need a 9012 socket. A socket that almost similar is the HB4 socket, but even that doesn't fit.

What i saw in the link surprised me. It's the first converter kit with a xenonbulb with a 9012 socket. So it has to fit in our IQ. Make sure you check the lenght of the xenonbulb compared to our HIR2 bulb, because otherwise it will not fit.

If someone succesfully build in a xenon kit, please let me (us) know in this topic.

Greets,

Brian

Other head-lighting will miss the EU-approval and you have to fit lightwasher and more ....

The current light (HIR2) fitted needs no improvement.

But in the car you need more lumen..... :o

LaLa your right about the illegality of xenon, and indeed my interiour had a major "lumen" upgrade. So i tackeled that problem.

But my minor problem with this ugly yellow HIR2 light remains. Lightintensity is superb but the color......... :drool:

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone does get some better bulbs runing please let us know.

I'm so used to the lights from my M3's that these on the Iq are like a torch, wheres the rest of the road gone at night.

Failing that superb little car.

oooh , oooh :!Removed!:

Now you have 48 LEDs missing the EU-certificate on your iQ, and you want to change the headlamps. There is NO legal way.

You can't drive your Toyota on the continent with these changes! :ffs:

That's lucky I don't drive in any other part of Europe then.

The 48 LEDs are switchable thou so can turn them off.

I did order some bulbs of eBay that the seller lists for the iq , don't buy them they don't fit. I did let the seller know and he refunded me but hasn't changed the description on eBay.

I'm surprised amongst all the different options for the iq between the countries that hids were not available. It's such a large light unit. ( I have a spare light unit that I won on eBay for £25 so can experiment with it)

And i just wanna get rid of these 3200k color, to much yellow. I wanna have these 6000k(or higher) color bulbs!

:crybaby:

Once you have found how to do it Insane tell us all, Please

Yes I will, but i'm afraid there's only one option left. Build in a (illegal) Xenon-kit.

Pffffff........life sometimes sux.

• 2 weeks later...

Bilmuche:

How much Watt has your HID-bulbs?

Do they got these 9012 sockets?

Did you get it from the link from this topic?

Thanks,

Brian

ps. I love that left lightbeam and color. Absolutely better then these regular HIR2.

One upgrade left. Chance your parkinglights with 360degree angle smd-leds. Sure you love these!

Is that a full HID kit or just some different HIR2 bulbs ?

it's a full HID chinese :chinese: kit

bilmuche,

cab you link us to where you got them from please.

Also can u easily switch back to the normal bulbs?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links