Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso Heater

markf1970

hi,

just got a verso diesel t2 (2005).has anyone else found the heater don't clear the widescreen very good when its steamed up?,it clears ok when i put the aircon on put takes ages to clear with just the heater.i've got the "draw in air in from outside"

setting on etc but still its not much good.also the heater don't work that well just warming the car up(on speed 4 and set to hot)

could the pollen filter need changing?.

I always put the A/C on to demist the windscreen, clears much faster (only thing to be aware of is that when really cold outside the A/C will not kick in). Not had any issues with the heating or cooling but the SR has the dual climate control so not sure how much this differs from the T2 controls.

I always put the A/C on to demist the windscreen, clears much faster (only thing to be aware of is that when really cold outside the A/C will not kick in). Not had any issues with the heating or cooling but the SR has the dual climate control so not sure how much this differs from the T2 controls.

thanks for the reply,

maybe the a/c is better to clear the windows,but the heater don't seem that good even when its blowing on your feet (on speed 4)

Also make sure you have not got the air recirculation switch on !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Blocked pollen filter ?

Dead easy to check, drop the glove box down & open the cover.

Is the heater hot when your travelling along ?

Blocked pollen filter ?

Dead easy to check, drop the glove box down & open the cover.

Is the heater hot when your travelling along ?

quick update,i've found the pollen filter(which was blocked) and removed it (till i buy a new one).

The windows are now clearing 100% better but i still don't think the heater's that great,it seems to take ages to get hot and even then it don't blow that hot under dash etc.

Diesels do take a long time to warm up, even when a operating temperature they do not produce as much heat as a petrol. My good lady (who is always cold) moaned consistently when we had a Diesel.

• 1 month later...
Diesels do take a long time to warm up, even when a operating temperature they do not produce as much heat as a petrol. My good lady (who is always cold) moaned consistently when we had a Diesel.

That's no lie. Drove my 2.2D down from Scotland today - started out in Perthshire where the temps were -15C :eek:

2 Adults + 2 Kids in the car & the Verso's heating & vent system proved to be pretty woefull in such winter conditions. Indeed pretty woefull when the temps climbed to 0C and above.

The windscreen wouldn't stay clear unless the demister+AC was on & the heat output from the heater was pretty feeble. Demisting of side windows was non existant. Using the demist + footwell setting on the heating system just resulted in the windscreen misting up within a minute or two & very little heat down in the footwells. I've had Audi's & VW's before & the Verso systems are rubbish in comparison.

My father has a 1.8VVT & that warms up & chucks out heat noticeably quicker than the Diesel does though. That said on a trip out in his car yesterday the rear seat passengers were struggling to stay warm - was fine up front but warm air doesn't seem to be channeled to the back at all. Must have a look in my car to see if it has ducts to the floor under the front seats to provide heat to the rear (even my 12 yr old VW passat has those!)

Also noticed that the windscreen washer jets freeze up on the Verso far too easily (plenty of De-ice washer fluid mix in there) . Anything below about -3C & they are history. :angry:

might sound a bit daft here,but is there a thermostat fitted to the d4d engine (2.0).because i took the verso on a 8 mile drive the other day and the bottom rad hose felt stone cold....maybe that's the cause of my heater problems

• 2 weeks later...
Must have a look in my car to see if it has ducts to the floor under the front seats to provide heat to the rear
My SR has these so your T-Spirit should, just make sure they are not covered by mats.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links