Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio, Cd, Lcd Display Dead On Corolla

Tafia

Hi folks,

As per title, the radio, the CD player and the LCD display on our 2005 Corolla diesel have all died together. I suspected the fuse but on looking at the handbook, the fuse which supplies those items also supplies other things such as interior lights, which are all working.

I have taken it back to the dealer from whence we bought it though it is now out of warranty. He has removed the radio unit and says the fault must be within the module which contains all the dead items.

I pointed out that though they are in the same unit, they may have different sources of power (though fed from the same fuse) as the LCD is lit even with the radio or CD player off. I guess it could be that there is one 12v supply to the unit and it then splits up within the unit. He says he has checked the incoming voltage and it is OK.

Anyone had a similar problem and know what the fix might be?

Many thanks

T.

Hi folks,

As per title, the radio, the CD player and the LCD display on our 2005 Corolla diesel have all died together. I suspected the fuse but on looking at the handbook, the fuse which supplies those items also supplies other things such as interior lights, which are all working.

I have taken it back to the dealer from whence we bought it though it is now out of warranty. He has removed the radio unit and says the fault must be within the module which contains all the dead items.

I pointed out that though they are in the same unit, they may have different sources of power (though fed from the same fuse) as the LCD is lit even with the radio or CD player off. I guess it could be that there is one 12v supply to the unit and it then splits up within the unit. He says he has checked the incoming voltage and it is OK.

Many thanks

T.

I have had this happen on my TSport, it is the 15A fuse for the cigarette lighter in the fuse panel behind the glove box. When you pull of the black cover it will show you which one it is they are all marked.

Hope this helps

Terry

As above and there are 2 fuses in the circuit - 15A CIG fuse and 15A DOME fuse.

There are 2 earths behind the instrument panel.

Mick

Hi folks,

Many thanks

T.

I have had this happen on my TSport, it is the 15A fuse for the cigarette lighter in the fuse panel behind the glove box. When you pull of the black cover it will show you which one it is they are all marked.

Hope this helps

Terry

Just checked the cigarette lighter and it is working. Is the radio/CD and LCD panel on that fuse? Do fuses fail for no apparent reason or does the fuse fail indicate a short somewhere?

Cheers for your reply

As above and there are 2 fuses in the circuit - 15A CIG fuse and 15A DOME fuse.

There are 2 earths behind the instrument panel.

Mick

Hi Mick,

So there are two fuses supplying the audio yes? My reading of the handbook says that CIG 15A is fuse number 19 in the instrument panel fuseboard ( behind the glove box?) and Dome 15A is is fuse number 5 in the engine compartment. Does DOME and CIG denote a type of fuse?

Handbook says Dome 15 A supplies audio system, interior light, luggage lights, wireless remote etc. All are working other than the audio and LCD panel.

CIG 15 A supplies cigarette lighter, audio system, clock and power rear view mirror.

The lighter works as do the power mirrors so it looks as if both fuses are intact.

Hmmm.

Thanks to both for looking at the problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links