Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross arm rest

Chas G

Since buying my Yaris Cross I have always found the arm rest to be much too low to be of any use which irritated me so I decided to lift it to a comfortable height.

I did some trigonometric calculations on the back of an empty packet of Marlboro Gold and bingo.....found a solution.

I stuffed the cigarette packet with scrunched up paper to make it more rigid, wrapped it in insulation tape, put a loop of tape on the bottom to keep it in position and bunged it under the arm rest. 

Worked a treat.  🤪

20240527_130137.thumb.jpg.92419490f09b1000f59798d62607e958.jpg

20240527_130145.thumb.jpg.618c9a3b420335e6679f5723108c8a3e.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I found my armrest pretty useless too but your for me is unattainable, I can't find a Marlboro Gold empty packet anywhere in Ireland 😭 so as a non smoker I'll scrounge around my wife's handbag for an empty Silk Cut Silver packet and hope that the trigonometry is similar 😂🤣😛👍

• Haha 6

48 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

I found my armrest pretty useless too but your for me is unattainable, I can't find a Marlboro Gold empty packet anywhere in Ireland 😭 so as a non smoker I'll scrounge around my wife's handbag for an empty Silk Cut Silver packet and hope that the trigonometry is similar 😂🤣😛👍

😃 just make sure it's well packed with paper so it doesn't crush.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Would a packet of woodbines do..?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

Would a packet of woodbines do..?

Naw they only used to come in packs of 5 and in 10 packs. Anyway the strong smell of them could never be sealed in.😡🤪

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Chas G said:

😃 just make sure it's well packed with paper so it doesn't crush.

Could use a roll of that famous soft toilet paper and it could have an emergency use also.🤔😉

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Naw they only used to come in packs of 5 and in 10 packs. Anyway the strong smell of them could never be sealed in.😡🤪

My granny, used to smoke Woodbine and drank lots of tea from a teapot, which used to sit on top of the range/stove stewing all the time. 😃😆

I tried it with one of my wife’s bras, now I can’t open it as the roof gets in the way…

• Haha 7

Toyota should have made it double the height, then at least you could have some decent alternative storage, it's practically useless 🥺, but better than nothing 👍 

• Like 1

Yeah compared to the Mk1 and Mk2 Yarisisesueseses the storage is quite underwhelming, but it could be a lot worse - Some cars don't come with anything apart from a cup holder - Not even a glovebox or door card pockets! :eek: 

• Like 2

Agreed, latest Toyota cars really lack practically and comfort to some extent. 
The major issues: 

Low roof and dark interior 

Almost no rear seat leg room 

Rear doors open halfway only 

Hige bumps and creases on dashboard while leg room compromised 

no pockets on the seats behind or only one or only on top grades 

the tyre noise that sounds like rear windows are left open or there is a hole in the floor 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Agreed, latest Toyota cars really lack practically and comfort to some extent. 
The major issues: 

Low roof and dark interior 

Almost no rear seat leg room 

Rear doors open halfway only 

Hige bumps and creases on dashboard while leg room compromised 

no pockets on the seats behind or only one or only on top grades 

the tyre noise that sounds like rear windows are left open or there is a hole in the floor 

Apart from the above mentioned they are better overall than most other cars.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

Apart from the above mentioned they are better overall than most other cars.

Not better, they are still the best cars to buy currently. 
For me is Toyota only 👌

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TonyHSD said:

Not better, they are still the best cars to buy currently. 
For me is Toyota only 👌

Totally agree, however, as time goes on, it seems we are getting less for our money (obviously, they are putting technology etc into the cars).

My wife made a comment the other day when sitting in our newly purchased YC, comparing it with the Toyota RAV4 D-Cat top of the the range model we had.  Little things like the massive armrest storage WITH power socket, the fact that the rear seats reclined and the front seatbelts raised up and down, rear lighting for passengers sitting in the back etc !!!  Mind you, I'm still happy with my YC.

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They didn't mention old fogeys, like me, who just wants A to B reliable transport. No fuss or drama.

Yes, even with a Toyota, things will need maintaining, changing and eventually wear out. In spite of a couple of things that shouldn't really have failed when they did, it's never let me down or prevented that journey from A to B in over 10 years.

Oh, the genuine Toyota so called armrest is rubbish (Mk 3, pre facelift). It does secure to the front seat rail but the top sits too far back. The extra storage is useful though!🙄

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links