Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Leaks

kerrie3000

Had mega leak in my brand new Aygo (one month old!). The drivers floor was saturated after the first heavy rain-fall since we've had it.

I could actually see where the water was running round the drivers door seal and leaking over into the footwell at the bottom.

Rang my dealer (Dingles Norwich) and they didn't even question it as they knew all about the fault, just booked it in immediately for new seals.

My wife took it in last week for a while-you-wait repair and was told she'd have to come back for the extra top seal to be fitted as they can't get them at the moment 'cos they're short supply.

I wouldn't mind but it's a 60-odd mile round trip!

Got to say, I can't see any difference in the design of the 'new seals'... :unsure:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kerrie3000

• reece

• rodzRX7

• in_the_no

still curious as to how water seeps in above tail gate lock past the seams...

On mine water got in through the two holes going through the glass that hold the handle to the hatch (and the wiper motor in place).

The metal bracket got all rusty too, so they replaced it under warranty and put loads of RTV-sealant behind the bracket and bolts.

Seems to be OK now, but with snow instead of rain it's hard to be sure...

Had mega leak in my brand new Aygo (one month old!). The drivers floor was saturated after the first heavy rain-fall since we've had it.Got to say, I can't see any difference in the design of the 'new seals'... :unsure:

hi there, sending you commiserations... I had 2-3 pints of water in the driver footwell on Day 2 of ownership (Nov.28th)!! Seals on driver door and carpets have been replaced - v stressful start to new car ownership though... When I feel strong(!), and it's raining, I will park the car the other way round to test the other side... My garage have been very good about delivering the car back to me, or providing a loan car and bringing it to my house... I am wondering though whether I will need to get rid of this car before the warranty runs out... Good luck to you...

Hi,

I haven't posted on here for a few years now-glad to see it still up and running. The last time was when we first bought our 06 Aygo, and the boot was full of water-found hte leak myself with help from this forum, it turned out to be the usual vents behind the rear bumper and it was sorted.

I went out to it yesterday, and found the rear passengers footwell soaking and also a little wet patch on the driver's rear footwell. I've had a look and found that it's the usual suspect door seal leaking.

Can someone answer a few simple questions regarding the modified top seals, are the modified seals just for the front door seals or are they on the rear doors as well, as it's the rear door seal that leaking on ours. Also are they easy to fit, as our Aygo's out of warranty and if it's easy I'd rather fit it myself. :thumbsup:

Paul

Can someone answer a few simple questions regarding the modified top seals, are the modified seals just for the front door seals or are they on the rear doors as well, as it's the rear door seal that leaking on ours. Also are they easy to fit, as our Aygo's out of warranty and if it's easy I'd rather fit it myself. :thumbsup:

Paul

I can't personally say 'cos I'm still waiting for mine to be fitted (short supply!!!), but my dealer reckons they're only for the front as the back doors have a different problem when leaking.

I can't see much difference though, you can swim in the back or the front :D !

They're gonna be easy to fit because they only stick on, but they're 80 odd quid a pair someone on here said.

Still, look on the bright side, my 8 year old reckons it'd be really cool to keep goldfish in the car...

I've seen a couple done on Dutch cars in the past weeks and on the 5dr cars

the extra seal extends all the way to the rear upper corner of the rear door.

They'r stuck on, which means easy to fit, but with the current wheather it also

means they don't adhere properly: a couple of people on the Dutch forum are

allready waiting for their SECOND set, which hopefulle WILL stay stuck...

• 3 weeks later...

Ahhhh Ive got a leak :(

opened my car this morning and spotted the passenger footwell was soaked, bit of a puddle in there to.

This is the first time its leaked really bad, and my car was parked on an angle. Im thinking should I leave it and let it dry out, and see if it happens again... or take it to Toyota as soon as possible?

I dont fancy being left without my car while its being fixed. How long does it normally take?

Rear boot seals

High level brake light

All door membranes (more so if front Speakers in the doors)

Aerial base

Rear window seals

Front door seals on the early models

If your really unlucky it could be where the inner arch joins behind the wing :(

Worst toyota's ever im afraid ;)

picked up my new aygo blue on wed its now peeing it down so will find out if little blue leaks tomoz morning :unsure: fingers crossed!!!!

picked up my new aygo blue on wed its now peeing it down so will find out if little blue leaks tomoz morning :unsure: fingers crossed!!!!

I bought my new blue Aygo a couple of weeks ago and since it has been raining for the last couple of days I have been regularly checking it for leaks. The only thing I have noticed is when I open the doors the seals are all wet but also the blue strip of metal above the windows is wet as well. Is this normal?

Ive Had my 06 Aygo Black since August 2009 been in some pretty heavy rain, at first when i saw topics about soaked Aygo's i began checking my seats and my floor wells and boot and all has been fine, until after this intense Russian weather i checked my boot and found water in it, i am in progress of drying the boot lining and, im thinking the intense snow and ice on my car for 3 weeks might have something to do with this as i never had a leak in my boot during the heaviest of rainfall, im still shocked by the stories you guys are saying about Toyota dealers giving you your cars back with wet interior its unacceptable, but for all the bad things people say about the Aygo like its cons the car is still a blast to drive and i would quite happily drive my Aygo even if the inside was like a fish tank i love it that much

dsc00571pr.jpg

My Car During The Snow

I bought my new blue Aygo a couple of weeks ago and since it has been raining for the last couple of days I have been regularly checking it for leaks. The only thing I have noticed is when I open the doors the seals are all wet but also the blue strip of metal above the windows is wet as well. Is this normal?

Evening.

My Blue was bought at the end of November and has just started doing the leaking thing in the rear passenger footwells. Mine started with seemingly a lot of water where you've mentioned, so keep an eye on it!

Off to the garage tomorrow so will report back. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links