Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Very Anoyed

CorollaTS05

had a play with one and it was as quick as my tsport, quicker exiting slow corners in 2nd at 20 ish he left me for dead due to his amount of torque . ive read up on them and there 150 bhp standard so he must have had it remapped, am i right in saying stock for stock it wouldnt touch a cts? I couldnt believe it was like a 40 year old bloke just stock looking astra sri, was well cheesed of. what can these cars be remapped too? ud never believe a car what weighs 1400kg with a big heavy oil burning 150bhp diesel engine could touch the lighter cts with the screaming 2zz..... :censor:

had a play with one and it was as quick as my tsport, quicker exiting slow corners in 2nd at 20 ish he left me for dead due to his amount of torque . ive read up on them and there 150 bhp standard so he must have had it remapped, am i right in saying stock for stock it wouldnt touch a cts? I couldnt believe it was like a 40 year old bloke just stock looking astra sri, was well cheesed of. what can these cars be remapped too? ud never believe a car what weighs 1400kg with a big heavy oil burning 150bhp diesel engine could touch the lighter cts with the screaming 2zz..... :censor:

My mate has an Astra SRi and hes stayed with a type R most the way and thats without any mods, since then he has had a remap by Thelby tuning who remapped the 888 editions and taking nothing away from the CTS but its a complete different class, watch out for a 888 on youtube presented by fifth gear, even though on the program it says the VXR is faster round the track this was not true, in fact the 888 was alot fast and cost 10k cheaper therefore they made it out to be close.... so a diesel 1.9 remapped to 200bhp(ish) can out do a VXR (240bhp) on a rolling start just due to the sheer amount of torque the car puts down! :( this still isnt going to stop me getting a CTS :D

!Removed! hell, that just shudnt be alowed to have a diesel hatch that fast lol. it really wound me up, went right up my chuf, so thought 'il blow him out now', couldnt do it, standing start, on the move and he was leaving me when driving slow in 2nd out the twisty bits, so it would have beat a cts round the track as it could exit the corners so much faster. i hate sleeper cars!

its mad how addictive the power thing is though, when i moved upto the ctsfrom my yaris ts it felt lightnin quick and now i want more power..... i bet a corolla compressor would have sorted this ubiktra out...

you should have eaten him.....forget the torque i put it down to your driving!

what rpm were u entering and exiting bends??

You do know the advantages of an NA? You should be more responsive.........entering the bend you should coast in the higher rpms, the moment your exiting power should be put to the ground.

Also point to remember it will keep with you well but you should be getting away from him top end, Launching off the lights they will stick by you but no way shoudl it have been smoking past.

!Removed! hell, that just shudnt be alowed to have a diesel hatch that fast lol. it really wound me up, went right up my chuf, so thought 'il blow him out now', couldnt do it, standing start, on the move and he was leaving me when driving slow in 2nd out the twisty bits, so it would have beat a cts round the track as it could exit the corners so much faster. i hate sleeper cars!

its mad how addictive the power thing is though, when i moved upto the ctsfrom my yaris ts it felt lightnin quick and now i want more power..... i bet a corolla compressor would have sorted this ubiktra out...

i would have sorted it for ya :lol:

mate, don't let it get to you, there's always going to be someone faster than you, even if they are in what seems to be a clapped out diesel - it's not worth fretting over... if you do decide to go for more power, then you'll always want more when you come up against something a bit more swift. i remember not long ago coming up against a new-shaped audi s3 and when he whipped me into submission, i swore i'd trade up to something 300bhp+ but after a while the realisation hit me that i'd always be wanting more...right up until a bugatti veyron ffs lol, and even then, there's always gonna be like a 1500bhp supra that could beat it! hope that didn't sound too condescending, but i know where you're coming from mate...

you should have eaten him.....forget the torque i put it down to your driving!

what rpm were u entering and exiting bends??

You do know the advantages of an NA? You should be more responsive.........entering the bend you should coast in the higher rpms, the moment your exiting power should be put to the ground.

Also point to remember it will keep with you well but you should be getting away from him top end, Launching off the lights they will stick by you but no way shoudl it have been smoking past.

i see myself as a very competent and experienced driver, it wasnt my driving. it was a dual carridgeway and i was behind him, down shifting for the small roundabout from 70 to 20 ish staying on his *****, i couldnt have gone down to first from second as i never went below 20ish or i wud have <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed up the gear box. when exiting the roundabout he floored his and i did in second gear he started to pull away and had to wait for lift at 50. if i came to a stop or been doing 10mph at the roundabout i would have gone down to 1st obviously, and there wouldnt have been a problem but i couldnt becaue we didnt stop movingor go below 20 and i wouldnt change from 20ish to 1st. thats where the problem was not being able to use 1st gear. on the move it was really even but i didnt get to test out top end as i wanna keep my licence lol, but like you say i bet the cts would have took him eventually, i was just very suprised as i was expecting it to dissapear in my rear view mirror like most things and he stayed with me, i let him past and then stook with him until the roundabout.

this was all bearing in mind i only redlined 3rd and used a little of 4th lift (shh u know what that is) so maybe it would have been a different story if i was able to carry on going in 4th and using the other 2 gears...

mcchunkers - yes mate the power thing is addictive and like you say u will always want more as you will always come up against something faster... im happy for now with 190bhp...

yeah standard 150 you'd have ate him... i ate on in my mapped fabia vrs and the tsport is miles quicker than even that....

remember doesnt take much to mod a diesel.... fmic and bolt on hybrid turbo and remap and that thing will be well over 200 ponies....

my buddy has a 230bhp fabia vrs and the tsport just sticks with it

If you guys want to dice with other cars on public roads then post on a forum, do it some other place than here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links