Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Display Screen-how To Reset?

Neildonovan

Can anyone help me please. I took a Prius t4,2004 model,for a test drive,everything was fine with the display.After buying the car the screen seems useless. Cannot access any controls,audio,climate etc,and the energy screen just shows the 4 wheels turning,no arrows or Battery charge. Before I took delivery of the car it had an MOT and new brakes. I don`t have any manuals either so at a total loss. HELP!!!!

Neil

I don`t understand how it was perfectly fine 2 days before though,when i test drove it! The brakes were worked on,do you think a sensor or wire could`ve been knocked loose or something?

I think timberwolf has got it correct. What you have outlined is a known fault previouly discussed on this forum. Did you get a warranty with the car? If you bought it from a Toyota dealer I think Toyota will rectify the fault. If it was a private buy????

The only suggestion I can make is get the car to a Toyota dealer to sort out. Only a Toyota dealer should ever work on the Prius. I do know of a persons local garage messing up all the electrics on his Prius.

I don`t understand how it was perfectly fine 2 days before though,when i test drove it! The brakes were worked on,do you think a sensor or wire could`ve been knocked loose or something?

Even if a sensor or wire was dislodged or broken, I am not sure why that would prevent the use of the Climate or Audio screens? I would hope that the ECU responsible for monitoring the relevant sensors for the wheels and brakes would store appropriate DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) on a fault, and one of the warning symbols to light up on the dash.

• 10 years later...

My apologies for being somewhat off topic.   I need an answer.    2004 Prius had a dead Battery.  I was locked out until road service charged the Battery.   Everything seems to be working except  no Mileage indication.   MY brain is a lot older than my Prius and I can't find anything in the manual to help.    Is the mileage lost forever?

On 9/27/2020 at 1:05 PM, Janis Neuville said:

My apologies for being somewhat off topic.   I need an answer.    2004 Prius had a dead battery.  I was locked out until road service charged the battery.   Everything seems to be working except  no Mileage indication.   MY brain is a lot older than my Prius and I can't find anything in the manual to help.    Is the mileage lost forever?

So is it just the miles not displaying or is it the whole dash that has gone dark?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links