Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ee111 Koni Springs Fitted.

Manjaser

I fitted Koni springs (-35mm) to my 1997 EE111 Corolla and it doesn't seem to be any lower at all. They were fitted on Thursday and it's now Tuesday. I've read that springs settle after a time but shouldn't I notice big difference straight away?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, particularly from other E11 owners.

UPDATE: Pictures included.

24112009171.jpg

24112009172.jpg

24112009173.jpg

The above picture is one of the rear springs.

Don't suppose you have any 'before & after' photo's??

You sure that the springs were fitted?

Or that it wasn't lowered already?

Don't suppose you have any 'before & after' photo's??

You sure that the springs were fitted?

Or that it wasn't lowered already?

Yeah I can see them on. I don't think it was lowered already. Besides, it just doesn't look lowered. I'll try and get a photo up after work but unfortunately I never thought to take a picture before the springs were fitted.

what size profile tyre is that looks very small?

It's 195/40/16. It should work out the same overall diameter as the original wheels and tyres were. In hindsight I should of perhaps went for 195/45/16. I've just checked a tyre size calculator and 195/45/16 would give me a diameter of 20mm more than the ones I've got. %$(.

The overall diamter of what I've got is 8mm less than the standard wheels and tyres. Still I think the gap should be smaller than what it is.

Can anybody shine any light on this? It's really bugging me. There's no way that the suspension on this car is 35mm lower than it was before.

Can anybody shine any light on this? It's really bugging me. There's no way that the suspension on this car is 35mm lower than it was before.

Should the bump stops have been trimmed? No instructions came with the springs so, if this needed done, the mechanic who fitted them wouldn't have known to do it.

no need to trim bump stops bud, i have an e10 and i went for pi springs i lowered mine 40 mm and you could tell straight away it was lowered, did it say any thing on the box that it was a 35mm drop

Should the bump stops have been trimmed? No instructions came with the springs so, if this needed done, the mechanic who fitted them wouldn't have known to do it.

no need to trim bump stops bud, i have an e10 and i went for pi springs i lowered mine 40 mm and you could tell straight away it was lowered, did it say any thing on the box that it was a 35mm drop

Not sure about the box but the website says 35mm.

I think what I'll do is post up a new picture of the car every few days. If the issue is that the springs need to settle then this will show it. I think it'll also be helpfull to anybody out there in future land who might have any questions regarding this. So in a couple of days I'll post up another picture and we'll see if it looks any lower.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links