Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2zz Engine

CorollaTS05

was wondering will one of these engines be more likely to not last as long as say a normal petrol toyota engine average for average, and i mean this just because the 2zz revs so high. Will the internals wear faster due to this high rpm, or are the internals a lot stronger?

Havnt seen many around with over 100,000 miles on.....

just worries me because ive just bought it and will be paying for it for the next 4 and a half years and am covering 20 - 25k miles a year and its on 64000 now....

yeah its an interesting topic ive wondered this myself . the highest anyone on here has seen one is around 140,000 miles . i think they are built to last thats why they have the chain rather than a cam belt ,um i guess they came out in 2002 and there not a common car for covering alot of miles so your not gonna see many with high miles yet .

Can't comment on how long it will last but when I bought mine from a Toyota dealers I enquired if the chain would need changing and was told that it shouldn't as it is a chain not a belt but it might get noisy around the 140 - 150,000 mark and if I get overly concerned about the noise then it can be changed.

That said if they are right thats a long way off.

Well mine is sitting on just over 95,000 miles and still going strong, aside from my heater problems, the engine itself has never missed a beat.

Its like with anything mechanical, maintenance is key to a long life, check that oil, change that oil, change that filter etc etc ...

As said by laa69 its with any engine.....regardless of turbo etc. Using lift for us is the kind of wear from always getting a turbo on.

Superchargers are constantly running that is why they have a shorter life span.

toyota designed the 2zz-ge very well

toyota tested the 2zz-ge at 9000rpm for 12 hours, twelve hours just held at the redline...no blown motor etc. So i think we dont have much to worry about.

You can run 8600rpm on standard valve train toyota put the cut off a bit earlier to obviously keep the engine safer and have less troubles.

Farhan who told it?I ask,cause i want to change the rpm limit to 8500,but if i do that my supercharger will hit his limit 11000rpm.So the angine knos 9000rpm,but the supercharger i'm not sure.1year ago i needed to change back earlier to not hit the car in front of me and my engine rpm was 8700 and nothing happened with the engine:-))

szuti its not really recommended for your set up.....the engine is at its safest point how you have it. If you want more power you need to drop the compression or stroke the car with the charger. There is no point of you revving higher you wont be making the gains with the charger on and revving even higher. More importantly i dont think the engine can handle that kind of pressure with your set up. 8600 is safe for a NA car, generally turbo or supercharged cars have rev cut off a bit lower so you need to know what you are after. I see you do alot of trackdays a full build would have maybe been of more interest to you.

NAs have more response, most of the 2zz-ge track cars tend to be the MRS lightweight and a power fc. Lower lift engagement point on a built motor with higher redline and a very light car with good handling. You could still go the power fc route that will give you good gains and allow you to atleast lower your lift point. If you have the money though no harm in investing in MWR valves and springs so you can raise the redline just a tad more with your set up.

You know my dream was an N/A built 2zzge with lower lift point like 4800 or 5000,but all of the people recommended to buy a tte supercharger and don't suck with to build the engine.I get this advice in 9thgencorolla also.Apexi power fc is a very good stuff,but very exspensive and here in Hungary there isn't any good guy who can make a good program setup for it.That's why i choose e-manage ultimate.I know a guy from youtube in greece and he uses greddy supercharger in 8700rpm:-))That's why i think to use it 8400 rpm.I will do a video about ppe exhaust and intercoooler sound:-)

Just imagine i can feel and hear the lift point again in 4800rpm...:-))Amazing!

very true, but from your driving you do well ont he track. only one thing greddy supercharger is a different and bigger charger its stronger than the blitz and tte, its an eaton supercharger and you can see by the size of it. its a stronger charger so can handle the extra power and extra rev cut off.

I know on the Type R you can make the VTEC kick in lower down the rev range, is this possible on Lift?

I know on the Type R you can make the VTEC kick in lower down the rev range, is this possible on Lift?

Yes... but it's exepensive to achieve ;)

Yes... but it's exepensive to achieve ;)

How expensive? More than £500?

Way more!! :lol:

Not even worth considering then I guess :(

dont go there its not worth it lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links