Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recommendations?

ljcni99

OK so now i finally have my t sport im goin to start modding it abit....

can anybody recommend:

1) Brake upgrades? (pads and discs or just pads)??

2) Induction kit (is typhoon the best)

3) Spring (Eibach the only ones to go for?)

4) Exhaust (just go custom? kinda want twin exhaust from comp.)

So far i have fitted new Avon tyres which were recommended to me, fixed the broked seat pins which were quite easy to fix :)

Any other ideas?

Thanks

post-43389-1259543190_thumb.jpg

how did u fix the seat pin?i cant get passengers to the back from the driver side the lever along the side don't go up...

i have blitz induction kit, sounds mean, wen it hits lift i see people get far away from the road....ha ha ha

custom exhaust its lowered as well dnt know wot springs or coil-over

does the chair still tilt? mine just wasnt sliding forward....

hi congrats on getting T sport . yeah typhoon or apexi for induction . apexi seems to be more maintenance free though typhoon looks nicer is thought to be slighty louder.i think G max do some springs that are slightly lower but most go for eibach/TTE .brakes go for mintex pads and grooved or vented discs just for looks really.yeah custom exhaust is the only option i think .

tyres should be 195/55/16. you can go wider to 205 .going for 50 side wall might give you more body roll.

Thanks for the replies. I think im going to go for the typhoon seen one on eBay :) spring will have to wait until the next pay cheque. lol

I had read the mintex pads where good. what about redstuff pads? What discs have people went for??

as for the tyres i dont notice any differernce in body roll in the 50 and 55 side wall. :)

Also 8000k HIDs on the way! eBay is a woberful place :)

i have red stuff pads and i dont rate them at all . take ages to bed in take a while to warm up . stopping power isnt quite as good as OEM pads just as much dust as OEM. mintex do some good quality discs depends if you want solid or grooved/drilled.

I have Nitrac 12 groove discs and Black Diamond Predator Pads all round, well pleased with them.

Gratz on motor by the way ......

The only sure way to sort out the seat pin problem is to ........ buy a 5 door and hey presto, problem eliminated .... ;)

i have mintex all round except for rear discs (blue print) as no one near me stocked rear mintex discs for the tsport!!

But for standard discs (vented not drilled etc etc) they are awsome :thumbsup:

Brakes.. ) I had Red Stuff for replacement pads but have now gone back to a full OEM replacement and they're better than ever.

Induction.. ) 'Best' is down to personal Opinion. I love my Typhoon and it showed good gains, but there's very similar gains from cheaper kits. Typhoon or Apexi IMO.

Eibachs.. ) Got 'em. Love 'em. Ride comfort aint too shabby with 215/40/18's. Lowers the facelft just the right amount.. Though I still want Coilovers.

Exhaust.. ) Yup.. Go custom. :P Haha

Custom exhaust is always the way, love mine to bits and the sound is awsome. Hasnt got that chavvy loudness but it has got that sporty zing to it awsome & makes me giggle all the time in tunnels and car lots haha :D

I've just sent to mintex pads and discs all round and first opinions are good, mind you stock were baked!

Intake I've went custom 3inch Sri and for exhaust custom 2.5inch with stock rear box, sounds amazing and feels great to drive.

thanks for all your replys. Think i will go for Eibach springs, typhoon induction and mintex pad. Custom twin exhaust like the compressor. Any1 no where i can get a rear lip similar to the compressor??

Well, Not toyota! 'Cos it's a right biotch to get one of em these days.

You could always fire Parts-King a PM though and see if he can source any as a last ditch attempt.

aye i might give him a shout. Whats your car handle/feel like ridin on them 18's?

handling is fine, comfort is fine. I don't exactly throw it around every corner I come to. For day to day driving, it's not a bother but it can take corners pretty well aswell. :P

I like those wheels myself. :)

can get them without the red line around them but i like it would suit the granite colour well...

OK so now i finally have my t sport im goin to start modding it abit....

can anybody recommend:

1) Brake upgrades? (pads and discs or just pads)??

2) Induction kit (is typhoon the best)

3) Spring (eibach the only ones to go for?)

4) Exhaust (just go custom? kinda want twin exhaust from comp.)

So far i have fitted new Avon tyres which were recommended to me, fixed the broked seat pins which were quite easy to fix :)

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Hey how easy was it to fix the seat pins and how much were they?

Cheers

Matt

Good question actually.. As my drivers is currently stuck. haha.

I removed the seat and checked, the pin has snapped from near the base. I could always just weld a new piece in place but it looks fiddly.. and knowing me i'd set my seat on fire.

its pretty simple..... take the lift bar out..... file it flat. drill a hole and put a bolt through! :) you never see the bolt and it works perfectly. Iv only had the car a week and iv got them fixed... only took about an hour to do!!!

aye i might give him a shout. Whats your car handle/feel like ridin on them 18's?

The compressor rear lip has been discontinued therefore the only way of getting one is either go custom & make a replica or finding a Toyota garage that has one in stock which is very doubtful!!

My car on 18" feel fine whilst driving and can also take corners but i feel a sway bar will increase it by a huge margin from reading the other post on here!!! :thumbsup:

its pretty simple..... take the lift bar out..... file it flat. drill a hole and put a bolt through! :) you never see the bolt and it works perfectly. Iv only had the car a week and iv got them fixed... only took about an hour to do!!!

Cheers for that mate ill need to get a shifty of it at the w/e

Well, Not toyota! 'Cos it's a right biotch to get one of em these days.

You could always fire Parts-King a PM though and see if he can source any as a last ditch attempt.

That rear spoiler bad boy wasnt available for a long time, it is now! :yes:

PM me for prices........but be in a seated position :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links