Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.3 Gs

corolla-4e-fe

I have a 1998 Corolla 1.3 4e-fe 86bhp. What BHP gain can I expect from a full induction kit (inc. cold air feed, heat shield) and a de-cat pipe? Will i notice a difference? Thanks

the induction kit and the cold air feed arent likely to give you a huge increase in bhp, if its done well you may get 5 bhp, if its done extremely well, like if you get some theoretical physists in to calculate flow dynamics you could probably get 10 bhp, but without changing the throttle which is quite small on our cars only 60mm if i remember your not likely to get to much, plus theres the risk of losing power if you disrupt the flow or suck up hot engine bay air, will sound nice though, the cats probably not gonna give you alot more either, but gave mine a much better throttle response when i took mine of, never bothered with a dyno tho

if your after cheap power increases, look at the older cars, i need to confirm it, but according to wikipedia the starlet had 99 brake with this engine in and the only differences aparantely are the throttle manifold, exhaust manifold and ecu, you could also look at the 5efe, i have been thinking of a hybrid 4.5efe lately

Thanks for your opinion guys, i will soon be making a 4:1 exhaust manifold so that should help contribute and may look into a bigger throttle manifold. :)

have a look on wikipedia at the 4efe engine though, according to that the starlet ran 99 bhp standard, an could possibly be easy to get the parts from, and alsothe 5efe, it uses the sameblock but is strocked to 1.5 litre and can have if i remember right up to 120 or 130 bhp standard, remember just cause parts are standard doesnt mean they arent performance, for example aparantly fitting standard 4efe pistons to a 5efe puts the compression over 10 to 1, and supposedly the same thing will happen if you put 5efe crank and con rods in a 4efe, though in fairness this isbased on some bar stool calculations but theoretically the math checks out

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links