Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris And Mr2.

Calisto

I am driving Dad's Yaris for the moment as my MR2 is SORN.

I love the Yaris :P . Compared to the 2 it's very smooth to drive on straigt and sweeping bends, it has the new car smell and it works, (which is always a bonus). :lol:

BUT

it's not planted enough on the road for my liking. It rolls like there is no tomorrow, and I wouldn't trust it to get me out of trouble if the time came to it, eg. if I had to sweve quickly.....it is just to responsive and jerky for that.

I have not driven my 2 for nearly 2 months and boy do I miss her and the way she handles.

They are different cars for different types of driving so it’s unfair to compare the two in my opinion. One being a small Jap hatch for around town and the other a two seater sports car.

I’m sure you would have to change your driving style to suit the type of car you’re sat in.

Both are great cars and do what they do as individuals extremely well :thumbsup:

ive got a 1.0 yaris courtesy car ATM and its pants. i really think the Battery in the key fob has more power than the engine lol.

know what you mean about the handling though. brakes seem good though

We also had a Yaris 1.0 as a courtesy car.. neither of us were impressed tbh, breaks were lethal.. as in too good, nearly got sent through the windscreen on the first press lol. It was way better than the corsa we had though... it was bad beyond beleif, four snails, two tortoises and a fiat panda (old style) over took us on a small straight :(

Yeah, unless you're very patient or have bags of self control, the 1.0 feels really underpowered unless you don't mind revving the nuts off it :lol:

The 1.3 or D4D are much more pleasant to drive; It's just nice having the extra headroom on the accelerator if you need a quick burst of power :)

I think the handling is its only real weakness; There is a fair bit of roll, power steering is too light (IMHO; On a slight tangent, can this be adjusted??) and it seems tuned to understeer quite readily; I've experienced light understeer at surprisingly low speeds.

The roll is to be expected tho'; The suspension is fairly soft as you'd expect for a car built more for comfort, but the car is very high for such a small car. The poor anti-roll bar must be working over time! :lol:

Hmm, that might be why the anti-roll bar bushes are so prone to wear... :unsure:

i got mine oversteering today :P liftoff oversteer is cool.

get the Auris back today (thank god)

i havent got the lightest foot in the world but £15 of petrol in two days (86miles) is a bit harsh

I am driving Dad's Yaris for the moment as my MR2 is SORN.

I love the Yaris :P . Compared to the 2 it's very smooth to drive on straigt and sweeping bends, it has the new car smell and it works, (which is always a bonus). :lol:

BUT

it's not planted enough on the road for my liking. It rolls like there is no tomorrow, and I wouldn't trust it to get me out of trouble if the time came to it, eg. if I had to sweve quickly.....it is just to responsive and jerky for that.

I have not driven my 2 for nearly 2 months and boy do I miss her and the way she handles.

Hi,

my other motor is a Mk2.5 MX5 Sport which offer lots of RWD fun so I know where you are coming from; but my day to day car is a Mk1 Yaris T Sport (which following the MX5 did need sharpening up a bit thanks to some Eibach suspension and new anti roll bar bushes). But the T Sport is a great little warm hatch with giant slaying performance and handling. If you don't mind buying an older motor you should try one. In fact I am selling mine but it goes tomorrow so it's a bit late for that one.

Try one you may like it!

Yumma

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links