Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Twister + Jap Style Exhaust

noedel

Hey all,

I'm from Belgium, so don't mind any writing faults :rolleyes:

At the end of this month I'm gonna get a twister, as replacement of the catalysator (if u guys know what i mean).

And because I really like Jap style exhausts, I'm thinking of combinating those two.

I know, it's just a 1.4 diesel, so the exhaust won't change sound, but the twister will do that for sure.

So, the twister changes the sound, and the Jap style exhaust changes the look :D

You guys think that's ok, or could u give some arguments for not doing it?

Twister:

TWISTER%20FLENS%20TWISTER%20HONDA.jpg

Exhaust:

136213.jpg

Greetz

yo,

I have no idea what the idea of a 'twister' is........ but a cat bypass certainly improves rev pick up on dervs. it also increases spool rate. but on a 1.4-d4d gains would be minimal. As soon as you remove the cat whether its a straight pipe or the 'thingy mabob' you posted here it will change the exhaust sound.

As for the backbox, thats entirely your choice in styling. Will have minimal effect on sound on a derv. Thats more defined by the entire system as a whole.

well iav never heard of a twister, but taking out the cat sounds like a good idea, would make her sound more grunty, alot of diesel have straight pipes now, lovely whistel, i think rolla_sr has a straight pipe and backbox if you want to ask him what its like

Havnt heard of a twister, wots the advantage having one of these?

Improved sound, especially with diesels, and also 7 - 25% more power :)

Here a small photoshop edit, how it will look like:

exhaustj.jpg

Greetzzz

That will look really nice im not sure about my box think it looks silly now ill show you.

14243171665482292534787.jpg

im not sure maybe just needs setting back more?

I really don't want to rain on your parade but no cat replacement will give you 7-25% power hike.

I spent the best part of 5 years tuning diesels and researching parts etc etc. There is lots to be gained with regards to rev pick up, spool times and what not. But out and out power is never going to be that high of a gain. For 7-25% you'd be looking at a tuning box/remap, a decent filter setup, potentially inlet manifold work, custom exhaust from the downpipe back and a noticed increase of boost pressure.

But like i said previously, a straight through pipe with or without the twisted bit will make it sound louder and youl have a marked increase in turbo spool/whine noise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links