Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox

Rolla_SR

Ok so I was driving home on friday night and whilst cruising along in 5th gear it radomly pops out... this makes me jump but i simply just put it back in, a bit more travelling and the same happens again.... but this time it wont stay in 5th and keeps popping out...

... so me being stuborn i hold it in 5th gear and this seems to get me home... i tried taking it into Mr T yesterday but they were too busy to give it a diagnostics... So I'm taking it back in on Tuesday to have the 60k service and for the gearbox to get its diagnostic...

... today i cant even use my 5th gear and now i have to travel down to plymouth tonight and then back to lincoln tomorrow evening, I'm just really hoping the old girl manages it...

... does anyone have any idea whats gone on?

I had an issue vaguely similar. After a very spirited drive at santa pod, it wouldn't stick in 2nd gear and 4th was a bit dodgy too. Turns out a simple washer had disintegrated and it was a cheap and easy fix.

The difference was though that even holding it in 2nd wouldn't make it engage.

I had an issue vaguely similar. After a very spirited drive at santa pod, it wouldn't stick in 2nd gear and 4th was a bit dodgy too. Turns out a simple washer had disintegrated and it was a cheap and easy fix.

The difference was though that even holding it in 2nd wouldn't make it engage.

Im really hoping its not too expensive cause I'm selling the car back to the garage anyway, but they want it fixed so hopefully they will pay towards it... found a nice cts on their network :D

(ARGH Ive wrapped I cant get the link to work sorry)

Ok so I was driving home on friday night and whilst cruising along in 5th gear it radomly pops out... this makes me jump but i simply just put it back in, a bit more travelling and the same happens again.... but this time it wont stay in 5th and keeps popping out...

... so me being stuborn i hold it in 5th gear and this seems to get me home... i tried taking it into Mr T yesterday but they were too busy to give it a diagnostics... So I'm taking it back in on Tuesday to have the 60k service and for the gearbox to get its diagnostic...

... today i cant even use my 5th gear and now i have to travel down to plymouth tonight and then back to lincoln tomorrow evening, I'm just really hoping the old girl manages it...

So this would be the 2nd gearbox you've knackered then? :P :lol:

So this would be the 2nd gearbox you've knackered then? :P :lol:

Nope that was the master cylinder I'll have you know, and apparently its quite a common fault, where as this dont look good...

... just seen this :P BLACK CTS

Nope that was the master cylinder I'll have you know, and apparently its quite a common fault, where as this dont look good...

LMAO!

Good luck with the insurance for that one ;)

LMAO!

I have a penny jar :D

LMAO!

I have a penny jar :D

You may need a Pound jar....

:lol:

Thats easy,new 5th gear and synchro & some top up oil, mounted in the end capsule on the box so box removal not required, seen plenty mainly on the rav's

x2. The "crash" part of the hub and sleeve will be worn away and pitted,thats why it always jumps back out.Just done the exact same job on an Avensis diesel last week.

[Thread hijack]

As there is a couple of guys in here who seem to know about fixing Toyota gear boxes, I'm hijacking your thread Miles :P

Do either of you have any thoughts about why the Corolla T-Sport gear box can get so notchy and heavy? Ricc's one is actually "normal" which by comparison to mine is a world away. It catches on gear change and is extremely heavy. I've had a few suggestions in the past, but none have helped.

[/Thread hijack]

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links