Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Murdered

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

I'm thinking about matt black wrapping my car myself with a couple of mates. I made a quick photoshopped image of it. What do you think? And any suggestions where to buy the vinyl/wrap?

Cheers :)

mattblackcorolla.jpg

I don't think that you should do it yourself. First off, because you need a clean working environment and for the whole car to be degreased and spotless so that the wrap goes on perfectly.

Secondly, you really should put a project such as that down to experienced hands, because it could go seriously wrong, unless of course you do this for a living. :lol:

Good luck with it, but I reckon you should get it done right. :yes:

And personally, I don't like the "murdered" look, I think it's stupid with an equally ridiculous name! (My own pet hate there, sorry!) Keep it blue, or give her a respray in the exact colour you want. ;)

First of all it's just an idea ATM

and as for the rest how do you know I don't have a clean working space or taken the time to clean the car well.

And I do know a lot about this kind of thing just not done anything this size before all it takes is time and prep work that I know a lot about.

This is just an idea I maybe thinking about doing and it will be the first corolla to try (I think) this.

First of all it's just an idea ATM

and as for the rest how do you know I don't have a clean working space or taken the time to clean the car well.

And I do know a lot about this kind of thing just not done anything this size before all it takes is time and prep work that I know a lot about.

This is just an idea I maybe thinking about doing and it will be the first corolla to try (I think) this.

I never said that you didn't have a clean working space, I said you'll need one. If you have one then all is well.

I had no way of telling what level of experience you had on this, which is why I said "unless you do this for a living"

Sorry if I caused offence or I didn't give the answer you were looking for, but I'd rather say it than not, and things go pair shaped for a good chap who loves his car! :)

As I said before, good luck.

I don't know WTF the "murdered" look is, but I'm fairly confident that if you try and DIY a full body wrap, you'll balls it up.

That said you hover car conversion looks good, and details on spec?

Step...away...from...the...vinyl :P

Pretty much what I wanted to say but I made an attempt to make it more constructive! Obviously I have failed.... :lol:

Murdered is basicly Black Primer Look. :lol:

A chap on anther forum I visit has a Twin Charged Rolla.. which looks summit like... this..

3897_100830_full.jpg

3898_100830_full.jpg

So it's matt black.... like they have been using on hot roads for years. I have been semi tempted with a matt or satin black wrap on my M3, but to get it done to an acceptable standard is pretty pricey, and more often then not it wrecks the paint underneath.

Who thinks up these stupid names anyway? Sounds like "sic" fast and furious wannabe honda boy talk.

Correct.... and most of the cars look really tatty now!!!

That said, for a factory colour, and real paint, not wrap, I like this a lot

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/mo...E92/frozen1.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb39/mo...E92/frozen3.jpg

Although dark grey wheels would have looked a lot better with it.

Black vinyl = £200

Cleaning products = £20

Depreciation = £3000

Laughing my c@ck off at the result = priceless!

save your time and money, earn more money, stop sticking things on cars and go buy something decent!

I was going to get my BMW e60 wrapped in matt black (or White) but was not sure about the whole idea of it or how long it lasts for or if it would peel off so I left it and it cost 2 grand to get done :-o might as well get it sprayed would defo not do it myself that just crazy u could try it I guess you could always take it off if you don't like it???

I was going to get my BMW e60 wrapped in matt black (or White) but was not sure about the whole idea of it or how long it lasts for or if it would peel off so I left it and it cost 2 grand to get done :-o might as well get it sprayed would defo not do it myself that just crazy u could try it I guess you could always take it off if you don't like it???

You can't take it off because it will often peel the lacquer and/or paint off too.

The vinyl has a too high tack level.

^^^ +1

Some people have had it removed ok, with careful application of heat.

Painted plastic surfaces like bumpers tend to suffer the most on removal.

Oddly enough apparently you are not required to inform the DVLA as it is a "temporary" finish.

^^^ +1

Some people have had it removed ok, with careful application of heat.

Painted plastic surfaces like bumpers tend to suffer the most on removal.

Oddly enough apparently you are not required to inform the DVLA as it is a "temporary" finish.

:lol:

I had to use the heat gun on a fibreglass Scimitar to get rid of its pin stripes. Bloody nightmare to get just enough heat to loosen the stripes, but not too much to crack the fibreglass. :yes::angry:

So it's matt black.... like they have been using on hot roads for years.

They vinyl wrap roads?? :huh:

The money would be better spent filling in potholes.....

So it's matt black.... like they have been using on hot roads for years.

They vinyl wrap roads?? :huh:

The money would be better spent filling in potholes.....

This is Britain we're talking about, there's no such thing as road repair! :lol:

I don't think that a new road has been built or repaired since the dawn of man...... :lol:

Lol hot RODS. (although they are painted)

My typing is all over the shop today.

I blame the weather!

jonno save your money dude! youll regret it later, I dont think the rolla has the lines to pull off matt anyway. Wrapping nowadays is not a bad subsitute to a whole paint job. However people with alot of money do vehicle wrapping for a change and then have it proffesionaly removed. It costs around £1000-1500 for a decent wrap. Only downside is looking at the harsh weather that is now always hitting us i dont think the wrap will last in the kind of climate we now have.

Also there are problems of peeling that you have to keep fixing over time. I would seriously save the cash.

lol this turned into a big topic quick it was only i suggestion didn't think i would go ahead with this anyway.

as for doing the job i am more than able to do this just takes a little time to do so a good job.

Don't think i will be doing this as it will cost me around 200 pounds.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links