Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Timing Belt Replacement

MI6

I have Yaris (november 2001) wich only has about 34.000km on it. I drive the car almost every day but in short distances.

Do I have to replace timing belt since my car is almost 9 years old even with low km on it.

Any recommendation?

Regards.

Nah, Yarissssesii have timing chains so there's nothing to replace; You just need to make sure it has regular oil changes so the chain doesn't run the risk of seizing up.

Thanks, that's good news.This oil that you mentioned is regular motor oil that I change every 10.000 km or this is some different type of oil?

Regards.

Thanks, that's good news.This oil that you mentioned is regular motor oil that I change every 10.000 km or this is some different type of oil?

Regards.

Yeah, just the regular oil change; There isn't a separate one for the timing chain.

• 2 weeks later...

Regards.

Yeah, just the regular oil change; There isn't a separate one for the timing chain.

Use the reccommended viscosity, not just what the dealer has to hand, due to our cold climate, even 5W30 is too thick for the latest cars (Aygo now requires 0W20 grade, fully synthetic).

Your engine will still need a replacement rubber drive belt for the auxillaries :-- alternator, A/C, etc., and tensioner possibly. Your power steering should be electric powered, via hydraulics.

Your car qualifies for a belt change based on its age, as it will perish.

Regards.

Use the reccommended viscosity, not just what the dealer has to hand, due to our cold climate, even 5W30 is too thick for the latest cars (Aygo now requires 0W20 grade, fully synthetic).

Your engine will still need a replacement rubber drive belt for the auxillaries :-- alternator, A/C, etc., and tensioner possibly. Your power steering should be electric powered, via hydraulics.

Your car qualifies for a belt change based on its age, as it will perish.

Don't pay stupid money for this job! I paid £50 notes to a local guy, belt included!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links