Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thank you and goodbye

74hct04

It's with a heavy heart that I wanted to let you know that I have part-exchanged my iQ against a new vehicle (something very small and electric and new enough to have a bit of manufacturer's warranty remaining! The deal should also land me an extended warranty...). Looking after the car myself, as well as my C1 was starting to become a full-time hobby obsession (indeed I used almost all of my annual leave last year working on it), neglecting other hobbies relevant to my professional background. I frustrated myself with the amount of work required to make the car perfect and the parts prices are starting to get a bit too much (although perhaps they always were). I am not getting any younger, and lying on my driveway seems to make me hurt more each time.

The iQ was the car my heart wanted me to keep, but my sensible head said C1 (very cheap parts, and parts available everywhere and I could service it with my eyes shut).

I am extremely grateful for all the support from this community and I am genuinely heartbroken to see the iQ go. It's still the best car I've ever owned and someone's* going to get a bargain when mine moves on 'in the trade'.

Are electric cars the future? Maybe... Maybe not! I've always wanted one electric and one ICE so here goes! (Doing very short journeys in an ICE car is 'fingernails down a blackboard' for someone with mechanical-sympathy... Water in the exhaust, condensation in the oil, etc so I tend to waste extra fuel and time just warming the thing through on every journey... See, for example, the price of an OEM exhaust silencer for an iQ if you wonder why 😉 )

I am sure you will see me on the Aygo forum from time-to-time and I will have a glance over this one as often as you can.

All the very best,

R

(*maybe the trader; hopefully the new owner!)

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Hi Rob, why leave, your experience with your iQ can still help others and you can still contribute to the forum.:smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Bper By "I will have a glance over this one from time to time", I meant that I will continue to contribute where I can (but will no longer spend many many evenings trying to learn every technical detail of the car).

I am still here, not intending to abandon this community altogether! I will just be around a bit less.

My notifications are switched on and I will be aware of any @ or private messages :-)

• Like 2

You forgot to mention one important thing - What's the EV??

Very small and electric... :g: A Carver? Honda-e? Zoe? Twizzy?? I hope it's not a GWiz or an i-MiEV... :laugh: 

• Haha 1

I will tell you when I've actually collected it @Cyker😁. It's a 4-seater A-segment car, been around a while and neither of the two mentioned in your last sentence!

I did test drive a bargain-priced Zoe but unforunately it was reporting an error with the camera which was disabling AEBS, hand't been serviced on time (seemingly no ex-lease/ex-PCP cars get serviced when they are handed back... I can see why but Renault are supposedly very fussy about on-time servicing when it comes to any future warranty work...), oh and the 0-star Euroncap thing was just a bit too much.

• Like 1

the C1 is just an aygo, a small EV that narrows it down it's a 4 seater so that rules out the Ami and a few others, Fiat 500e?

• Like 1

C1 certainly is just an Aygo with a couple of different panels, some different seat fabrics and different lights. The C107GO or C108GO were all put together by the TPCA 'alliance' in the Czech Republic. I think the factory is now in Toyota-hands and being used for the Aygo-X and some Yaris'.

One of them (the Peugeot IIRC) was not available in the early years with the DV4 diesel, but by far the vast majority of the MK1 are all 1KR-FE, build in Poland (as opposed to the Japanese built 1KR-FE in the iQ). Don't get me started on the wet-belt 1.2 in some of the MK2 cars.

I could go on and on all day about the C107GO but I recon half of you are asleep already!..

Suffice to say, it's easier to work on than the iQ for the amateur hobby-mechanic. Once fixed using OEM parts, the rainwater leaks eventually come back in my 12 year experience (and I speak only for the MK1), so my current one lives in the garage. I got tired of gooping sealants around everything!

I will reveal the car when I actually have it registered and in my possesion! It's nothing exotic! 🙂

• Haha 1

Seat Mii electric/Skoda Citigo E/Volkswagen e-Up??

• Like 2

Corsa? Mini? Ora??

Do we get a prize if we guess right? :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No prizes for guessing, I'm afraid 😄 

🤐<- me right now, sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All the best to you Rob,enjoy your new car mate!.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links