Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Replacement

Cyker

Hey all, jut wanted a reality check;

My brother's Corolla got a small stone chip on the windscreen on the way home, but today as he's come out of work, he's found it's developed into an 8" crack!

Now, Autoglass are quoting £650 for it to be replaced, which seems a bit... high! I'd figured it should be at the most half of that!! :blink:

My brother's Corolla got a small stone chip on the windscreen on the way home, but today as he's come out of work, he's found it's developed into an 8" crack!

Now, Autoglass are quoting £650 for it to be replaced, which seems a bit... high! I'd figured it should be at the most half of that!! :blink:

What's wrong with his car insurance? If he gives them a call, it should cost him roughly £50 and won't affect his no claims discount (if he has any)

What's wrong with his car insurance? If he gives them a call, it should cost him roughly £50 and won't affect his no claims discount (if he has any)

Yup! Thats the way it normally goes, my bmw had a screen and my excess was £70!

Insurance.

I had to pay a £70 excess and mine was sorted, and it didn't affect my no claims.

Have you read his insurance policy? If it doesn't come with windscreen cover because he is only tptf then is the upgrade to fully comp cheaper than £650? If so then get on to the ins company and go fully comp!

I'll get him to check. So, £650 seems about right for a windscreen replacement then...? :(

Won't it be insurance fraud to take out a different policy, and then make a claim for something that's already broken before the policy started? :huh:

Won't it be insurance fraud to take out a different policy, and then make a claim for something that's already broken before the policy started? :huh:

Not at all, its actually called "Improvisation" .... :thumbsup:

IIRC the "bill" for my new windscreen was something like £750, but mine includes sensors for auto wipers and lights, so yeah £450 sounds reasonable to me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links