Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Upgrading Headlight Blubs

waldo87

i'm looking at upgrading my bulbs, want a whiter light or maybe something with a blue tint. have seen it before when blue tinted lights are fitted to headlights similar to that of the e12 and blue can be seen reflecting from the bulb when lights are off and when they are on blue and white patches.

would like to try and avoid this if possible. are there any bulbs that people would recommend??

Ollie

Only person who has bulbs like that is kearon t-sport they seem really good, i myself have bought loads of bulbs but none give me a propa nice ice white/aqua blue tint aparts from hids. Even most hids just seem like a blur of white.

I bought Anti glare HIDS and they seemed much better

heres a pic

DSC02026.jpg

They look pretty damn sweet!

Don't bother with bulbs like the Phillips blue, they are a load of old toss and never work properly. They are barely white let alone blue! :lol:

Id recommend HID ive got 8000k Anti Glare and they are good i do a lot of motorway driving and my visibiltiy has improved so much.

if you are going down the standard route i'd suggest in order:

1. Philips H4 Rallye (these aren't strictly road legal as they are 80W)

2. OSRAM Nightbreaker

3. Philips Extreme Vision

If you are going down the HID route, I have had 4 kits from HIDS4u, 1 of them failed. The el cheapo one i bought from eBay hong kong has been perfect. I would go down that route if you fancy taking your bumper off. there is a guide on my signature.

2. OSRAM silverstar

3. Philips Night Breaker

If you are going down the HID route, I have had 4 kits from HIDS4u, 1 of them failed. The el cheapo one i bought from ebay hong kong has been perfect. I would go down that route if you fancy taking your bumper off. there is a guide on my signature.

i bought mine on eBay, but most of the good company ones just seem to fail from what i have noticed. I have had two sets from just normal sellers and they have been fine.

i also used nrgizerbunnys guide to install the hids i did mine slightly different but either way they are very useful making a clean install.

Ive got the philips x-treme power which are very crisp white. Although I get hassle from oncoming drivers at night! :eek: The osram nightbreaker look the same as I have them in the foglamps!

I have Philips Blue Vision side lights which as KPARRIS-JONES said are useless :crybaby:

Can send you before and after pics of the bulbs if you want :thumbsup:

2. OSRAM silverstar

3. Philips Night Breaker

If you are going down the HID route, I have had 4 kits from HIDS4u, 1 of them failed. The el cheapo one i bought from ebay hong kong has been perfect. I would go down that route if you fancy taking your bumper off. there is a guide on my signature.

i bought mine on eBay, but most of the good company ones just seem to fail from what i have noticed. I have had two sets from just normal sellers and they have been fine.

i also used nrgizerbunnys guide to install the hids i did mine slightly different but either way they are very useful making a clean install.

WT IS THE BRAND OF U GUYS HID, AS I AM LOOKING 2 SETS FOR MY CAR AT THE MOMENT, ONE FOR HEADLIGHT ONE FOR FOGLIGHT

you'll need 6, 4 x h7 for the headlights and 2 x H11 for the fog lights.

My head lights are HIDS4u, the fog lights are some no name brand.

you'll need 6, 4 x h7 for the headlights and 2 x H11 for the fog lights.

My head lights are HIDS4u, the fog lights are some no name brand.

most people said Philips one are most reliable , and

i find a Philips conversion kit on eBay 75pounds + 15 pounds delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Philips-HID-conversi...=item20ae6899d7

do u think this is reliable, is it fake or not??

by the way are u chinese?? as u mention u bought a set of hid from hong kong

those look like fakes to me. There is no philips logo on the packaging and afaik philips do not make retrofit kits, they only make OE gear. Also have a look at the bulb it says "Siemens" Germany. Siemens lighting is called OSRAM. i smell a rat.

I'm not chinese, i bought a kit from eBay and it came from hong kong.

Erm, The bulbs I use are from Ultra Styling Cosmetics.

They light the roads up just fine for what I want and when used in your Main beams are bright as <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>. The dipped beams don't seem to give you enhanced visibility (They might but... I may not have noticed!)

Pic:

DSC01079.jpg

Copyof02022009344.jpg

02022009346.jpg

i looked around for new bulbs and bought osram nightbreakers heard loads of +++'s for them but they turned out to be crap visibality, i currently got these chinese plasma h7 lights which cost about 2 quid and they work pretty good with a greeny light. might upgrade to hid's ... just a bit scared to start opening up my front bumper as i might not be able to put it back!

btw are you legally allowed to change the fog light bulbs to say a different shade to the standard bulbs, as i thought it might become to in your eyes??

In Theory you can't change your Foggies, but they'll still pass an MOT. I have 8000k 100W bulbs in mine and they're bright as anything. Though obviously not used much as they.. 1) Will annoy Road users/ Police 2) Melt the Plastic covers with them being 100W. :lol:

i don't think the shade matters. they just have to be E marked. At present I've got 55W Dipped antiglare HID, 55W Main HID, 55W Fog HID.

Normal HID's are 35W but I went and got the 55W. There may be a difference but I don't know as I haven't tried the others.. The bluer the light is the less light you actually get. So blue® is not always better.

As a rough comparison, a normal bulb puts out about 1200Lumens of light, a HIDlight at the same wattage is around 3000lumens.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links