Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looks Like I'm The First Victim Of The Snow Here! :(

Cyker

Had a minor collision with a Ka which had stopped at a mini roundabout. :(

Was the damnedest thing... I was just idling along at 5-6mph with a fairly large gap (Was about 7-8m by eye) and started to brake as the Ka stopped at the roundabout. I noticed the back end of the Ka twitch to the side a bit as it was braking up to the roundabout, but didn't think anything of it until I started to brake gently and realized nothing was happening. Gradually increased pressure but all I got was ABS hammering, tried steering into the curb with and without braking but it still carried on in a straight line.

By that point I had that dread feeling that it was already too late since the wheels must have already locked up for the ABS to kick in at such low pedal pressure and all I could do was wait for the inevitable.

In hindsight it was a bit funny 'cos me and my brother looked at each other and were like, "Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu*CRUNCH*" in the 2 seconds it took for my Yaris to slide into the Ka, but I feel like such a clot. Luckily nobody was hurt and the other people were pretty cool about it.

TBH I don't know what else I could have done; Fortunately the collision was pretty flat-on and it looks like the only thing that broke on mine was the number plate mount.

The Ka was a bit worse off; Looks like the number plate on mine hit their number plate and punched through the rear bumper. I'm hoping that's all it is since bumpers aren't usually too expensive to replace...!

Oh dear! :(

Glad to hear you was'nt hurt btw. I have had loads of "Nearly's" allready today! Defo need 2 new front tyres aswell, it's like i'm driving on slicks at the mo :lol:

And yes....I think you ARE the 1st snow casualtly on here! :rolleyes: :P :lol:

Good luck. ;)

Defo need 2 new front tyres aswell, it's like i'm driving on slicks at the mo :lol:

Snap. Although im currently trying to change onto a set of snow tyres I got with the steel wheels when I bought the car and one of the f***ing wheels nuts isnt budging. Its not a case of it being stuck its just no biting when using the bar. It keeps slipping and its driving me mad. Any tips?

I just hope it doesn't happen to anybody else, but since there're mostly a lot of smug posts by Aygo and RAV owners having fun in the snow so I guess the odds are good our forum will remain relatively crash-free :D

Defo need 2 new front tyres aswell, it's like i'm driving on slicks at the mo :lol:

Snap. Although im currently trying to change onto a set of snow tyres I got with the steel wheels when I bought the car and one of the f***ing wheels nuts isnt budging. Its not a case of it being stuck its just no biting when using the bar. It keeps slipping and its driving me mad. Any tips?

Not really sure on that one mate, what i would do was to take the car to a tyre shop and see if they can do anything with it.

It sounds like it's seized up or something and some heat off a blowtorch might cure it. :unsure:

Might be worth a try though and should'nt be expensive. ;)

Not really sure on that one mate, what i would do was to take the car to a tyre shop and see if they can do anything with it.

It sounds like it's seized up or something and some heat off a blowtorch might cure it. :unsure:

Might be worth a try though and should'nt be expensive. ;)

Problem solved. Apparently brute force really is always the answer! :P

Cheers for the tips Raeman! :)

Cyker:

sorry to hear about that but can see the funny side too...all happening sooo slow you can see it happening but theres nothing you can do about it... i am surprised tho as i thought at such a slow speed you would be able to stop

At least they were alright about it!

Cyker:

sorry to hear about that but can see the funny side too...all happening sooo slow you can see it happening but theres nothing you can do about it... i am surprised tho as i thought at such a slow speed you would be able to stop

At least they were alright about it!

Yeah, that was the crazy thing about it! I'd slowed down to ~5mph about 10m behind them, and was letting it coast to a stop and gently braking. Because I was moving so slowly it took me a bit to realize I wasn't actually slowing down any more... When I tried all that other stuff with no effect I knew it wasn't going to end well :lol:

I didn't even think the ABS could kick in unless the brake pedal was pushed all the way in, so when it starts thumping about half way down it's never a good sign!

I felt a bit like one of those curling stones :P

In hindsight I probably should have opened my door and stuck my foot out to try and slow it down :lol:

(Then again I might have snapped my leg off so maybe not such a good idea! :eek: )

In hindsight I probably should have opened my door and stuck my foot out to try and slow it down :lol:

(Then again I might have snapped my leg off so maybe not such a good idea! :eek: )

:lol: :lol:

You need an anchor with a bit of rope for next time...get your mate throw it out he window!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links