Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bg44k Fuel Additive

emphasis303

Hello everyone

What do you think about using fuel additives to clean fuel injectors ive seen this review and am thinking of buying it once I sort out a few other problems with my car. Its done about 50k miles.

I read a review that seems to praise BG44K http://www.fueltechexperts.com/2008/08/20/...g44k-and-bg244/

Im keen to try it and see whether my mpg will increase im currently on 39.0 mpg in town but I have been driving very much on Battery at every opportunity and keep draining the Battery to about 2 or 3 bars, thats without the use of the ev button. Im hoping when I do use the petrol engine ill be getting better economy.

Cheers

I am very dubious about any additives unless recommended by the manufacturer.

Hello everyone

What do you think about using fuel additives to clean fuel injectors ive seen this review and am thinking of buying it once I sort out a few other problems with my car. Its done about 50k miles.

I read a review that seems to praise BG44K http://www.fueltechexperts.com/2008/08/20/...g44k-and-bg244/

Im keen to try it and see whether my mpg will increase im currently on 39.0 mpg in town but I have been driving very much on battery at every opportunity and keep draining the battery to about 2 or 3 bars, thats without the use of the ev button. Im hoping when I do use the petrol engine ill be getting better economy.

Cheers

From reading some of the American forums, it appears that a failing 12v Battery can cause reduced fuel economy as the traction Battery is always trying to charge it. If you are still on the same 12v Battery from new, then at 50k miles it might be worth changing? I'm sure others will comment on this too.

I would imagine that, for your fuel economy, if the car is physically ok then you're either doing a lot of short trips from cold (like me), or might be letting it stand idling to warm up?

Our usual journeys are 2-5miles from cold, and we're getting 44mpg now as it's been -4degC in the works car park recently so takes a few minutes to defrost the windows.

yeh most of my journeys are no longer than about 5 miles, ive got my tyres at 38 on the front and 36 at the back, im cautious to pump them up to 42 and 40 as Its already a bit bumpy over uneven road and dont want to make it even stiffer.

I was considering getting higher profile tyres in the near future to cushion out the ride a bit, I understand Ill lose a few mpg but was hoping to recover by using an injector cleaner maybe pumping tyres up slightly higher. Im not sure what will work until I try but im guessing its worth a shot.

The only question which 2 dealers dont seem to be able to answer is what is the maximum tyre size that will fit without any clearance issues. Im swaying between either 205 60 16 -- or 215 60 16 -- or 205 65 16. I currently have 195 55 16. Im also worried I may suffer some tramlining if I go for the 215 but am not sure however have heard from the priuschat forum that the overall handling will improve. I understand my speedo might also be slightly out and have been using the following site to check all differences http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Thanks very much

I am very dubious about any additives unless recommended by the manufacturer.

I would agree Chris unless I have seen independent long-term test scientific based results and in my experience these seem to be few and far between. Most of the evidence out there would appear to bo ancedotal:)

The only additive I can see of much use would be fuel stabiliser for the PHEVs if the petrol is sitting in the tank for a long time, though a bottle of injector cleaner probably wont hurt - but then probably also wont do much good as modern fuels have cleaners anyway

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links