Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Dipstick

blutto

I know this was touched on a while back but:

Took comp in for a service early this month and asked them to check s/c oil level as well, all was fine, but now dipstick is always out an 25/35m each time I open the bonnet. I think the O ring has gone from the top part, theres a groove that looks like it should have one but cant remember if one was there or not.

Thats a bit odd.....From memory the dipstick is a little tricky on the compressor, I cant even check on the repair manual if they have a little o ring rubber seal on them. Ill run and check my car if it does as im certain the plug at top uses the same thing.

When you pull it out and push it all the way back in does it sit in correct?

I remember when i was checking shauns oil once the dipstick goes in some weird shape lol.

just checked, it has a small rubber o ring at top. proper tiny! take a pic of your one and ill confirm if the sizes are the same. May have fallen through or something. If thats the case youll need to get that o ring........better off buying from a breaker as the compressor dipstick costs circa £80 and you only need the ring.

there was an issue with the compressors having increased crankcase pressure that was popping the dipsticks out but i dnt no if there was ever a fix for it?

there was an issue with the compressors having increased crankcase pressure that was popping the dipsticks out but i dnt no if there was ever a fix for it?

from what i gather, it's not a major issue, just an annoying niggle. but if you can live with it, it shouldn't be a problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links