Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Price Increases

AYGO59

I can't believe how much the AYGO has gone up in price since I bought mine new in September...£1000 increase on what was the price at the time, due to VAT increase and Toyota jacking the price up.

Good for the residual value of mine I hope...

;)

Just run mine through the online configuration thing on the website and since Sep'08 mines gone from £8400 list to £9500 list.

An Aygo Blue three door in January 2009 was £8,250.00. Twelve months later its £9,494.09

A whopping £1,244.09 dearer, and that’s without any extras like air con/protection packs etc.

Not a good time to buy a new car methinks, I suppose dealers have to get their £1000 scrappage money back somehow!

I too an not impressed with the price of the Aygo these days.

Our Sep 06 car Aygo Sport cost me £7000 cash. I am pretty sure that the list price was ~£7600 at the time.

The Sport is not offered now but the Aygo plus is £8830 without alloys, front fogs and rev counter is still about 16% more expensive than the list of the Aygo Sport 3 years ago.

Has anyone told Toyota that inflation rates have been low for all this time?

Now, I am starting to think about alternatives if we decide to trade my wife's Aygo :o

Yeah I would agree with that...I forgot dealers pay half of the £2000.

Looking at the Toyota website they have reduced the spec of the Plus model as well as increasing it's price- now only comes with 2 Speakers with the stereo!! That must be awful quality as the 6 Speakers is only adequate...

I too an not impressed with the price of the Aygo these days.

Has anyone told Toyota that inflation rates have been low for all this time?

ALL manufacturers have put up their prices this year, SEVERAL times in fact. A basic Ford KA now costs £9035 without any extras whatsoever. It's not about inflation but more to do with raw costs and exchange rates. In years gone by, manufacturers were able to keep the cost of entry level models low because they were subsidised by selling top of the range models with more profit, sadly larger cars are now sold in very small numbers and each model has to stand on its own two feet. Entry level models are now the biggest sellers but the profits on them are slim. I think they call it market forces :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Not a good time to buy a new car methinks, I suppose dealers have to get their £1000 scrappage money back somehow!

Good dig at the dealer, however scrappage is a small part of the overall dealer sales. You would have to raise the prices considerably more than 16% to recoup the dealers £1K allowance ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well, raw material costs are set to rise, so costs of cars are going to go up yet again.

I do wonder what the next justification for increases will be? Do these people talk to the Oil Companies when coming up with reasons for ever increasing prices?

Well whatever the increased costs are we must be having the last laugh with the lowest Road tax band, 60 mpg and group 1 insurance :D

Wow I looked at the new prices yesterday after spotting this thread and I can't believe how much more the Aygo Blue MMT is nowadays. I had a peek in the show rooms and the new Aygo looks pretty much the same as my current version at first glance. Not sure it's worth paying near £9-10k for an Aygo Blue though. However if you're considering a new car I would very much suggest having a look at Car Quake and What Car suggested prices first though, you could save a fortune.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links