Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Drop In Filter

XTR 55

Several owners are running with them. For me I can't do with the additional noise they fail to baffle.

Air Filter

Is one of these a worthwhile replacement. Will it smooth out acceleration and/or improve fuel economy on my vvti.

It does seem to make the engine breathe better and the MPG in mine stays around the same .

Like AM said it does increase the noise and the turbo sound louder , which is not to everyones liking .

Mick :thumbsup:

I've been running a K&N air filter for about a year, no difference in mpg, acceleration - nothing noticeable either.

I bought it mainly for the long term cost as they are supposed to not need replacing but then you do still have to buy oil to re-oil them when you clean them and it takes a closer inspection to tell how dirty they are as they aren't white. They are also notably thinner than the standard air filters which worried me about how effective the filtration would be although they do seem to be a more advanced material.

I would have been onto my 3rd air filter by now so its probably starting to pay for itself but I can't say I'd be shouting from the rooftops for everyone to get one, I could swap back to standard filters and not miss it.

Can't say I've noticed any noise difference either...but then I usually have the stereo or the wife drowning it out!

I have one in my MG and didn't notice any difference in noise, performance of MPG. So much so that when the garage that serviced it replaced it for a standard one (despite me telling them it didn't need replacing) I didn't notice for about 2 months, it was only when I went to see how dirty it was I noticed it was gone.

The open cone type will make more noise but the enclosed one is hardly (if at all) different, well on my MG anyway. They are better as they don't need replacing but then having said that the garage doesn't reduce the cost of servicing as it doesn't need a filter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links