Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rubber Mats

Mike JD

Hi all,

Now that the RAV is back on the road and about to enter daily use, those nice carpet mats really are not very practical for muddy, rainy Dartmoor lanes and yards. I need washable, scrubbable rubber mats for the front foot wells. I did find some online at 50 quid which made me go a bit pale. Anybody point me in a suitable direction to source? Are the various ones you cut to fit any use?

Mike D

Another day, another Met Office advisory for heavy rain to come. Hey ho.

Hi all,

Now that the RAV is back on the road and about to enter daily use, those nice carpet mats really are not very practical for muddy, rainy Dartmoor lanes and yards. I need washable, scrubbable rubber mats for the front foot wells. I did find some online at 50 quid which made me go a bit pale. Anybody point me in a suitable direction to source? Are the various ones you cut to fit any use?

Mike D

Hi Mike,

couldn't agree more, my Toyota mats have lasted 15,000m and the drivers one is just about worn out. This is despite being vacuumed about once every 3 weeks on average from new and shampooed every couple of months! I think it might have been Local Hero who raised this issue a couple of weeks ago and recommended some rubber mats from Formula4.co.uk at Leeming Bar. It's not so far from me so I went to have a look and bought a complete set of 4 for just under £30. They are BRILLIANT! The edges have about a 40mm upstand to contain the muck and water and they clean with a hose pipe. If you buy them, give them a good wash in some fairly agressive detergent before you install them as the surface seems to be coated with some sort of release agent from the moulding process. This makes them fairly slippy if you use them straight out of the bag. The link is: http://www.formula4.co.uk/homepage-find-10-22.html

Hi Mike,

couldn't agree more, my Toyota mats have lasted 15,000m and the drivers one is just about worn out. This is despite being vacuumed about once every 3 weeks on average from new and shampooed every couple of months! I think it might have been Local Hero who raised this issue a couple of weeks ago and recommended some rubber mats from Formula4.co.uk at Leeming Bar. It's not so far from me so I went to have a look and bought a complete set of 4 for just under £30. They are BRILLIANT! The edges have about a 40mm upstand to contain the muck and water and they clean with a hose pipe. If you buy them, give them a good wash in some fairly agressive detergent before you install them as the surface seems to be coated with some sort of release agent from the moulding process. This makes them fairly slippy if you use them straight out of the bag. The link is: http://www.formula4.co.uk/homepage-find-10-22.html

Are they a decent fit for the front of a 4.2? They do look sufficiently agricultural to be the bizz.

Mike D

Hi Mike,

Are they a decent fit for the front of a 4.2? They do look sufficiently agricultural to be the bizz.

Mike D

They have a fair rim of rubber all round the "tray" which can be trimmed as required. The front and rear areas of the rim are big enough to cope with pretty well anything. I've never been in a 4.2 but I imagine it as being slightly smaller than the 4.3, don't think you would have any trouble making them fit with a little trimming.

They have a fair rim of rubber all round the "tray" which can be trimmed as required. The front and rear areas of the rim are big enough to cope with pretty well anything. I've never been in a 4.2 but I imagine it as being slightly smaller than the 4.3, don't think you would have any trouble making them fit with a little trimming.

So that is how it works! Thanks for the very clear explanantion. Thanks too to you other two chaps who offered advice. The amount of mud that can get trodden in to any anything I drive is prodigeous so the heavier duty tray solution does sound a better answer in the long run even if I did like the sound of the supermarkets' prices!

Mike D

Hi all,

Mike D

Hi Mike,

It was a thread I started on those rubber mats -

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=105639

Can you post up some photos ? :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Mike D

Hi Mike,

It was a thread I started on those rubber mats -

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=105639

Can you post up some photos ? :thumbsup:

Apologies Dve,

for some reason ( probable senile decay :help: ) I thought it was Local Hero who started that thread. Give me until tomorrow to take some photos and then I will get them posted.

Apologies Dve,

for some reason ( probable senile decay :help: ) I thought it was Local Hero who started that thread. Give me until tomorrow to take some photos and then I will get them posted.

No problems mate, thanks :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links