Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Deal Fell Flat!

Durham IQ

Well unfortunately I aren't getting my IQ afterall as the dealer was trying to pull a fast one on me.

They were going to give me it in part ex for my Smart then when the invoice appeared they were knocking even more off my car and added more onto the price of the IQ. The dealer first said the discount was 2,200 then it turned out to be 1,600... then they got a few things wrong on my invoice like the colour the milage of my smart for trade in which were all fully discussed and gone over.

If things keep getting swapped and changed what am I expected to do? The dealer said to me "well if you're not happy thats fine!" I said to him "no actually its not fine that I'm not happy!"

Is there anywhere appart from miniors in Sunderland where I can get a decent deal on an IQ3?

Cheers

Phil

Well unfortunately I aren't getting my IQ afterall as the dealer was trying to pull a fast one on me.

They were going to give me it in part ex for my Smart then when the invoice appeared they were knocking even more off my car and added more onto the price of the IQ. The dealer first said the discount was 2,200 then it turned out to be 1,600... then they got a few things wrong on my invoice like the colour the milage of my smart for trade in which were all fully discussed and gone over.

If things keep getting swapped and changed what am I expected to do? The dealer said to me "well if you're not happy thats fine!" I said to him "no actually its not fine that I'm not happy!"

Is there anywhere appart from miniors in Sunderland where I can get a decent deal on an IQ3?

Cheers

Phil

I think there is a lesson to be learnt no matter what dealer you deal with. Ask for any proposed deal to be put in writing.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware

I'm going to another dealer on friday... Hopefully I'll get a better result there :)

I'm going to another dealer on friday... Hopefully I'll get a better result there :)

Good luck and let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

I think there is a lesson to be learnt no matter what dealer you deal with. Ask for any proposed deal to be put in writing.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware

Any "deal" you get isnt a deal unless it's in writing, verbal contracts are difficult to enforce, if you have signed the order form and the dealer has signed his part of the bargain then you could enforce the figures agreed, if it was all "discussed" and you didnt sign the contract then I'm afraid you have to put it down to experience ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

In fact: your deal was ALMOST a deal but not yet.

There a plenty more dealers.

This is true.... I'm in the driving seat lol

When doing a deal always remind yourself that the dealer has what you want but you have what he needs. You may want his car but he really needs your money.:)

Shop around, you don't have to go to your local dealer. I would be willing travel a bit on a £10,000 purchase.

http://www.autobytel.co.uk/NewCars/NewCarD....aspx?Car=41908

My local dealer - Pinkstones have been very good, we have bought 4 new cars from them, 3 very recently. There after service is excellent too.

What sort of IQ are you looking for?

Or not......................depending on your viewpoint :P ;) :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links