Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2.0 D4d

grahame917

Hi,I am having problems starting my avensis,the problem only occurs however when the engine is HOT,I can turn the engine off and if i try to restart it immediately it is fine,however if for example i leave it for 5 mins or so to fuel up it always gives me trouble restarting.

can any one help?

Hi,I am having problems starting my avensis,the problem only occurs however when the engine is HOT,I can turn the engine off and if i try to restart it immediately it is fine,however if for example i leave it for 5 mins or so to fuel up it always gives me trouble restarting.

can any one help?

hi

check with both SCV ell contacts at hot condition -- it might be losen.

Cheers/Igor

1cd-ftv engine fitted?? its the starter motor.

Hi thanks for the advice,How do i find out what type of d4d engine i have?It is a 2004 model ,115bhp

1cd-ftv engine fitted?? its the starter motor.

Hi thanks for the advice,How do i find out what type of d4d engine i have?It is a 2004 model ,115bhp

if the engine is belt driven then its the 1cd-ftv

will have a black plastic cambelt cover

later engines are chain driven

Hi there as above Starter motor is your problem .Dont waste your money and time paying idiots to scratch there heads im no mechanic and scrolled this site for days trying to find my problem.I eventually had a gamble at a starter motor and NOBODY would believe me when i said change it for me when i described the symptoms.

I ordered a brand new delivered for £100 approx and payed a mechanic £20 to come and help me change it.What i got was a starter that sounded instantly different ,it flew the engine over like nothing youve heard.The car fired up and started from hot ever since.

Lets face it whats £120 when we start booking cars in into Mr T .

If it isnt that then at least you have new starter to eliminate at not too much money.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links