Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New T-sport Owner Has Questions...

steeve24

Hi, just got my 04 Facelift T-Sport last week, and while I think I've got most answers to my questions by going through the forum (currently on page 167 and still reading) & using search, I still have some bits I need your wisdom on:

- With regard to connecting an ipod to the factory fit stereo (want to keep the trip computer for now) what are you people using, on my last car I installed an Autoleads set-up with extras, but seen on here suggestions from Denison to Grom to Connects2 to Xcarlink, got an 2nd Gen Nano which I want to control from the ipod (+ needs to charge). Which is best (& cheapest!) ?

-After some T-Sport mats (could be standard Corolla but prefer T-Sport), but have seen old posts which indicate Toyota has discontinued, currently got search on eBay, but nothing currently there, so aside from hunting around breakers, anyone know of other sources ?

-Again another need, the storage door above the ash tray is not staying shut, I think a spring is broken or something, anyone have any experience with this, or do I need to get a new door & bits from a breakers?

-And finally...does the ashtray have a internal light? strange question I know, but at night with the dash lights on I get a slight glow in the passenger foot-well, I think its the ashtray light which has not been put back in after some work and it now loose and illuminating the foot-well!

Thanks to anyone who can be of assistance with any of the above, it will be appreciated.

Steve.

Hi, just got my 04 Facelift T-Sport last week, and while I think I've got most answers to my questions by going through the forum (currently on page 167 and still reading) & using search, I still have some bits I need your wisdom on:

- With regard to connecting an ipod to the factory fit stereo (want to keep the trip computer for now) what are you people using, on my last car I installed an Autoleads set-up with extras, but seen on here suggestions from Denison to Grom to Connects2 to Xcarlink, got an 2nd Gen Nano which I want to control from the ipod (+ needs to charge). Which is best (& cheapest!) ?

-After some T-Sport mats (could be standard Corolla but prefer T-Sport), but have seen old posts which indicate Toyota has discontinued, currently got search on ebay, but nothing currently there, so aside from hunting around breakers, anyone know of other sources ?

-Again another need, the storage door above the ash tray is not staying shut, I think a spring is broken or something, anyone have any experience with this, or do I need to get a new door & bits from a breakers?

-And finally...does the ashtray have a internal light? strange question I know, but at night with the dash lights on I get a slight glow in the passenger foot-well, I think its the ashtray light which has not been put back in after some work and it now loose and illuminating the foot-well!

Thanks to anyone who can be of assistance with any of the above, it will be appreciated.

Steve.

I know the ash tray does have a light that shines through into it, should just push back into the dash panel.

As for the T-sport mats i would like some aswell, but i have had no luck yet.

Hope this helps.

Matt

i do notice the glow aswell, mine is shining down the side of the dash itself, doesnt bother me, have you tryed toyota for your mats, if they are still going they aint bad money, dont know about the ipod, iav a creative, iav a fm transmitter that picks up singnal through radio and just charge the creative at home every week

Thanks Guys,

Looks like I'll remove the centre console at some point (when its warmer!), then can have a look at the ash tray light and see of its that or something else, could just be some leakage from the back of the centre console backlighting!? also need to resite the radio as its done the popping out trick!

@ nrgizerbunny: Thanks for that, great minds think alike, I've got some 1.5mm thickness magnetic tape on there at the moment, but its not strong enough and its too thick as the door would usually sit flush, mag tape adds 3mm for both sides (surfaces!)

Its quite funny, if I accelerate too hard (not crazy) the door opens :)

I'll try Toyota for the mats (got the Part No from here) so you never know your luck!

Yeah, I have tried Fm modulators before, but found them to be too easily interfered with by different radio stations in different areas, one freq would be ok in one area, then travel to a different area and you'd need to change the freq because of too much interference. Plus I like the sound quality from a hard connection, and the fact its always on charge, don't think I've had to charge my ipod in years other than by the car! I think the CD changer devices all pretty much do the same thing, but think some with cover more different ipods (if I change mine for a newer, bigger, better one)

Thanks again, any more ideas?........

You can still get the mats had mine a couple of months ago & i paid about £55 with vat included!!

Good luck & enjoy lift :thumbsup:

O i thought they had stopped doing them.

Well im going to have to save up £60 to get them.

Does anyone know if they come with the clips to hold them to the carpet so stop them sliding round?

Sorry to hi-jack your thread.

Matt

They do supply clips with the carpets, well their kind of hooks but you only get them for the driver side. I did anyway!! lol

Just gave Toyota a call, mats are £57 plus change, and 2 days...I think I'll hang on a bit till I get a bit of spare cash, hope that I find some cheaper on eBay or breakers, as someone said £60 is a lot for carpets, even if they do finish it off well !!!

Does anyone have any advice about the ipod connection:

"- With regard to connecting an ipod to the factory fit stereo (want to keep the trip computer for now) what are you people using, on my last car I installed an Autoleads set-up with extras, but seen on here suggestions from Denison to Grom to Connects2 to Xcarlink, got an 2nd Gen Nano which I want to control from the ipod (+ needs to charge). Which is best (& cheapest!) ?"

I could just pick one, but would rather know pros & cons, plus if I go to a car audio shop to get something fitted I'm sure they won't fill me with confidence, haven't in the past!

Cheers

Steve

ive got an x car link type thing i got off eBay which was from hong kong .it plays from a usb stick but you can have ones that play from ipod .its very easy to fit yourself . the volume control and on/off still work on the steering wheel but not the track selection for some reason .i think its great, you just leave your usb stick in your car no need to take it out unless you want to put more music on it . if it got stolen/damaged who cares its only a usb stick.cant remember what i paid for it now fifty maybe .

ive got an x car link type thing i got off ebay which was from hong kong .it plays from a usb stick but you can have ones that play from ipod .its very easy to fit yourself . the volume control and on/off still work on the steering wheel but not the track selection for some reason .i think its great, you just leave your usb stick in your car no need to take it out unless you want to put more music on it . if it got stolen/damaged who cares its only a usb stick.cant remember what i paid for it now fifty maybe .

How do these things deal with folders etc.? If I wanted 5 albums on there each in seperate folders, how do i pick them with the normal toyota OSD? Does it just present it like a massive cd, and you skip thru tracks forever?

you name the folders cd01,cd02 etc , can skip between folders or tracks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links