Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Power Filter

IsaacNewton

After holding on to my Apexi power filter for the last three months I evntually got round to fitting it on Sunday afternoon. After a lot of cross referencing between japanese and K&N Typhoon instructions (recommended on the forum) I got it on. Attached the sensor started her up and ............. it purred like a dream. Went on a test drive and it worked beautifully. :D

Would definetely recommend the filter to anyone and it was a cheaper alternative to the K&N and that includes shipping. Just got to get her clean now to make her look tidy.

Good choice! :thumbsup:

Whereabouts in Leeds you from?

Im seriously thinking about buying the apexi! Wheres the best place to buy it from? Will a complete numpty like myself be able to fit it or would i just be better off taking it to the garage? :lol:

Got mine from Nengun

If you're not sure on fitting it i can always help out :thumbsup:

We could have an A'PEXi Owners meet! :lol:

I'm a ex APEXi owner. loved the sound of it!!

Can't get one for my new T sport until the warranty ends...

Anyone fancy doing a guide on the correct way to fit one.

I do remember i had a pile of wires and hoses left and had a brown connector left unconnected to anything.

Hmm... i could always take it out and do a photo fitting guide...

Oh the joys of being jobless! :lol:

Yes I also love the sound the filter makes. As for fitting it if I could do it anyone can just make sure you give yourself plenty of time incase of any difficulties and also make sure you have the tools for the job.

As for where I live it is barwick in leeds near Garforth.

Hmm... i could always take it out and do a photo fitting guide...

Oh the joys of being jobless! :lol:

would be a good idea to get a guide up i think, We get alot of topics asking about how to fit induction kits and the main concern to most is the vacuum hoses. I was going to do a write up of how to extend the maf a while back but i just felt no one would use it as most who are confident to extend the cables will do so themselves without a problem, Many who are not comfortable messing with wires will steer well clear.

In general fitting an induction kit guide would help out a fair bit to newer owners whose first question is how to fit or what to go for.

;)

Got mine from Nengun

Thats very kind of you Gaz, I might just have to take you up on that! Problem is you might think im some kind of copycat! Same car,same colour, same filter! :lol:

Got mine from Nengun

Thats very kind of you Gaz, I might just have to take you up on that! Problem is you might think im some kind of copycat! Same car,same colour, same filter! :lol:

So long as i leave in the same car i arrive in... then i'm not too fussed... :blink:

:lol:

Got mine from Nengun

So long as i leave in the same car i arrive in... then i'm not too fussed... :blink:

Yeah but you must know what us lads from Donny are like, i will have that tte backbox of yours off in no time :lol:

Got mine from Nengun

Yeah but you must know what us lads from Donny are like, i will have that tte backbox of yours off in no time :lol:

*Offer for help withdrawn*

:P :lol: ;)

Just looking at website, which kit fits the CTS?

You need Part No 508-T029 NA :thumbsup:

Got mine from Nengun

*Offer for help withdrawn*

:P :lol: ;)

Awww, didn't mean it, HONEST ;)

Gonna give insurance a ring in a mo and see if it affects the premium, then hopefuly order it tonight :thumbsup:

Just do what Gaz did...

After a chat with my last insurers they classed the A'PEXi as a "non performance enhancing modification" B)

Just do what Gaz did...

After a chat with my last insurers they classed the A'PEXi as a "non performance enhancing modification" B)

How do i get my insurance company to believe that then? Good work tho fella :thumbsup:

Looking at your siggy compared with a Typhoon it is :D :P ;)

How is the Verso Dale?? :P

Anyway... i told them that it was a performance air filter that replaces the exisiting airbox but still uses some of the original pipework and unlike the K&N Typhoon no website advertises a bhp gain..

The box it comes in even says "Dual Funnel Air Cleaner" ;)

Rang my insurance company up, and they wont insure me if i make any mods to the car! Which insurance companys are you guys with. All i want is to add the apexi.

Whats your company?

Theres a bucket load of insurers that will........ co-op, adrian flux, sky, admiral..... i could continue but i shal not.

ps, apexi's suck ***** ;) get a 4th hand typhoon like me and rock ya bad sel'! lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links