Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Dearlership Repair Charge

IAN X

:censor: Hi

If you read my topic re Central locking fault you will be pleased to know i have solved the fault it took me 15 minutes to fix two dash board scews to removed cover and unplug unit.

The point i would like to make is yesterday afternoon i left my car with the Toyota dealership garage in Falkirk they said they would check the fault out but they would not do any repairs they told me to return for my car in one hour on my return they said that they could repair the fault by replacing the Integrated relay as it was faulty they told me it was quite a big job and that i would need to book the car in for the day when i asked for a quote for the repiar i was told £228 plus £50 for fault finding work. My car is booked in for friday morning

I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET BACK TO THEM THIS AFTERNOON :censor:

If you read my topic re Central locking fault you will be pleased to know i have solved the fault it took me 15 minutes to fix two dash board scews to removed cover and unplug unit.

The point i would like to make is yesterday afternoon i left my car with the Toyota dealership garage in Falkirk they said they would check the fault out but they would not do any repairs they told me to return for my car in one hour on my return they said that they could repair the fault by replacing the Integrated relay as it was faulty they told me it was quite a big job and that i would need to book the car in for the day when i asked for a quote for the repiar i was told £228 plus £50 for fault finding work. My car is booked in for friday morning

By removing the integration relay then connecting it again will not rectify the problem. Im guessing that the fault you are getting is the car wont unlock but will lock. if that is the case check the interior bulb is working as the central locking circuit runs through that bulb also keep unlocking and lockin the vehicle from the internal drivers door switch, if its locks but doesnt unlock its the relay, But i do agree with you the that price does seem high, it should be half hour diagnostic (£50) plus half hour for the repair (50) plus part cost. cheers.

By removing the integration relay then connecting it again will not rectify the problem. Im guessing that the fault you are getting is the car wont unlock but will lock. if that is the case check the interior bulb is working as the central locking circuit runs through that bulb also keep unlocking and lockin the vehicle from the internal drivers door switch, if its locks but doesnt unlock its the relay, But i do agree with you the that price does seem high, it should be half hour diagnostic (£50) plus half hour for the repair (50) plus part cost. cheers.

Looking at age of car,

I would be tempted to advise him is issue lies with door wiriing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links