Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need More Help On Few More Bits Please Guy!

CoCo24

hi again guy.

different topic altogher now. just thinking i could do with upgrading my brakes all around, just like some advice (and possible some hints where to look) in too what ill be needing and whats good out there but also stay a bit cheap too.

sorry to be a dummy :wacko:, but i know you guys good.

thanks

You won't get a brake upgrade for cheap mate, they cost ££££s!

If you don't mind spending it then i'd recommend tarox 6pots, huge stopping ability. I've been in a fabia with them and they almost pull your face off.

EDIT: tar-ox don't make a kit for the E12 corolla :ermm:, maybe try AP or Brembo for a full kit.

If you wan't to keep it cheap then standard size but drilled and groved discs are the way to go. EBC red stuff pads are great but imo avoid EBC discs, i had some groved EBCs on my LCR and they stopped great, about 5 times and then they were warped. May last longer on a CTS since the LCR has Brembo 4pots and they clamped hard.

Plenty of choice though!

You won't get a brake upgrade for cheap mate, they cost ££££s!

If you don't mind spending it then i'd recommend tarox 6pots, huge stopping ability. I've been in a fabia with them and they almost pull your face off.

EDIT: tar-ox don't make a kit for the E12 corolla :eerm:, maybe try AP or brembo for a full kit.

If you wan't to keep it cheap then standard size but drilled and groved discs are the way to go. EBC red stuff pads are great but imo avoid EBC discs, i had some groved EBCs on my LCR and they stopped great, about 5 times and then they were warped. May last longer on a CTS since the LCR has brembo 4pots and they clamped hard.

Plenty of choice though!

There is, i was just thinking of doing the discs and pads, not going to go for the whole package just yet.

thanks for that fella

i think im needing to do my brakes soon too! e12 1.6vvti, i was thinking about red stuff pads but can anyone recommend any good drilled and grooved discs and what size i would need?

cheers, michael.

Don't go Redstuff in the 1.6, if you go EBC use Greenstuff. Redstuff is rated for 200bhp or so. They ate my standard discs and took ages to warm up when not used for a while. They did bite well once warm though!

thanks for the heads up! probably will go green stuff then, got my MOT next week so waiting to see if anything gets pulled on that first.

Completely off topic since discussed slightly earlier here and sidelined. Wilwood can most certainly supply a 2,4 and 6 pot combination to fit any car. Dont be fooled by the listings. They are willing to fab bells and caliper brackets as and when required.

im guessing they would be.

JEGIER, think im going to have to do the same as you and wait till after tomorrow to see what happens with my mot.

hope it goes good.

Can any one recomend some drilled, grooved, or maybe both? i know there is black diamond, ebc and all the other but is there cheaper out there but still kinda the same quailty?

I've gone for mintex discs and pads all round and they are ace. Better than standard by far :thumbsup:

just to be cheeky then, where you get them from fella?

ipaid about £40 for mintex front pads for my t sport!

yeah i thought pads were roughly that sort of price im just not sure on proce of discs and if the rear ones are any different in price.

cheers for the help everyone. how much did you pay for the mintex all round brdges? just so i can get a rough idea? cheers.

Ummmmmm!!! From what i remember I paid about £70-£80 for pads all round and about £160i'sh for discs all round!! Estimates tho fella.

Completely off topic since discussed slightly earlier here and sidelined. Wilwood can most certainly supply a 2,4 and 6 pot combination to fit any car. Dont be fooled by the listings. They are willing to fab bells and caliper brackets as and when required.
they would be pretty expensive though wouldnt they ricc??

Totally! You wont be getting much change from £1200 haha. Thats why I said it was slightly off topic :)

Everyone always jumps down the 'Hi-Spec'/Brembo and K-Sport route for brake conversions. People never remember wilwood, which is most odd because they really do make some totally rocking parts and are pretty key to several series of MSA events.

£ for £ its arguable that wilwood out perform other, higher priced items. But again, thats by-the-by and not relevant here. Just for reference really.

Additional droolage......

STR6_Radial_Mount_Caliper-lg.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links